cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Oh..just don`t pay income tax?

I`m sure there will be more than IRS agents checking if you have insurance.  It`s just "they" want to make danged sure that if you make income you will be sticking out like a sore thumb if you don`t have the insurance.  Old timers used to tell me that your social security card "would never be used for identification purposes"  well we see the way that turned out.  Here is something to really consider, Husker how many years will the penality for not having insurance be less than the cost of insurance? That penality does go up you know? Employers will say "I can quit furnishing health insurance, just throw out the employees to the government!".  Will Romney repeal 0bamacare? Well, Husker let me put it this way 1. there is a 100% chance that 0bama won`t repeal it.  2.Romney campaigned on repealing 0bamacare, Romney will be put in office by those that want 0bamacare repealed   3. The only hope that Romney would have of getting a second term would be keeping the promise of repealing 0bamacare.  4. If President Romney wouldn`t repeal 0bamacare he would destroy America`s healthcare system and preside over the mother of all depressions, not something that a president would want in his legacy.  So Yah, Romney will repeal 0bamacare. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: The crop insurance question

Well yes, for one thing 0bamacare will lead to the closing of small rural clinics, there will be longer lines in the ER of the hospital 30 miles away.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: Oh..just don`t pay income tax?

Do you remember how all the farm groups threw their complete backing the last presidential election behind Obama?  Do you remember why?  It wasn't as much what Obama said as it was what McCain said with regards to ethanol subsidies.  Coincidentally, the ethanol subsidies were allowed to expire under Obama's careful watch.  By voting for Obama over McCain, they got what they would have any way.  This is how I see voting for Romney over Obama with the argument you have.  I realize Obamacare won't be repealed by Obama.  However, I'm not real confident in it being repealed by Romney either.  Romney has flipped flopped on a lot of issues.  Here are some examples from an article by Philip Klein:  "Some of Romney's many policy reversals have been overlooked in this campaign as old news, so I'll just provide a brief refresher. Romney ran for statewide office in the Massachusetts twice, in 1994 and 2002, as a pro-choice candidate, only to become publicly pro-life in 2005, just as he was gearing up to seek the GOP presidential nomination instead of seeking a second term as governor of the liberal state. During the 2008 campaign he attacked various opponents for being for gun control, amnesty and campaign finance reform. Yet at earlier points in his career, Romney supported the federal "assault weapons" ban (and signed a state ban as governor in 2004).  Romney, in short, has displayed zero political courage during his career. He has held opposite positions on nearly every issue, with one obvious exception. He still hasn't disavowed the health care law he designed, campaigned for, and signed with a smiling Ted Kennedy at his side. And it happens to be  the forerunner to Obamacare. There's no reason to believe as cautious and calculating of a figure as Mitt Romney would stake the crucial first months of his presidency getting into a bruising political battle to repeal a law, when he still clings to its underlying policy ideas."

If we're to believe Obamacare will drastically increase premiums, then it will take a signficant hike in the penalty to exceed the insurance premium.  The penalty as it stands now is roughly a fourth of my current premium with a 7500 deductible.   

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: The crop insurance question

More BS. There will be more insured and more able to pay.

0 Kudos