cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Tim Ryan`s farm plan

289, I don't always know what your thinking but enjoy your thought stretchers.

your precious metals comment made something pop in... head wise........ I think it would be interesting to read a thread of all the things we can remember turning out to be false information.    I guess climate at this point might need its own thread.  But I was thinking about fossil fuels when I read yours comment.  I think they were supposed to run out pretty soon but now the supply decades keep growing.  Are they actually in limited supply??   Maybe those thoughts are for a different internet sight but even 1984 was off at least 25 years.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Natural   gas  is  kicking  coals  behind,  due  to  $hort  sighted,  emissions  planning  ,  short &  simple  -  -  -

And  political  ties  to  BIG  whatever,  will  create  hollow  chatter  for  the  mythical  ( family Farmer,  smaLL town )  alligator  tear  shedding,   along  with  a  few   $$$$   for  community  economic  development  side  show, OR  maybe,  envelopment,  might  be  a better  expression  -  ?        

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It alway did kick coal...... But through ignorant government controls we have blown more natural gas into the air than we can imaging over the years............But our environmental warrior,  Obama's administration kicked NG in the head to get that "Healthcare Czar" position.  How far back did that kind of female leadership put Kansas  and eventually everyone who needs healthcare.  We have demonized several others over the years of trying to correct the insanity of her years at the helm, ignoring the source of the loose of tax base.

I sat in on a meeting 40+ years ago when Mobil oil, and Oxy, and ........ showed us graphs and charts and declared the Hugoton gas field was at its end.  So the state of ks deregulated it, mobil opend all the valves and left for Houston.  left it for dead and controled the valves from there.  Pressures dropped but sales continued at similar rates.  Numbers have reduced some but it still produces today in decent volumes and is managed to die...   The missinformation that was dumped on that "public relations" meeting was obvious.  The projections were manipulated and those of us who lived in it knew it.  The workers knew it.  And within a few years enron was destroying the savings and retirements of most every worker who was loyal to their jobs. Our Anti NG (anti everything not advancing her political career) moved on to that new bureaucratic retirement.

The off shore treasures granted by government agencies by declaring some present fields dead was the next big thing.

Now nearly every oil field named as used up, is back in production with horizontal drilling and producing more than on first discovery.  

Now that our universities are manufacturing charts and graphs by grant on demand, what faith can we have in research........whether it is funded by government or privately.?????????

It even has me wondering if there is actual evidence that we know the source of "fossil fuels"....... Even that is "best case" theory.   Did the research of archeology "need" to be linked to energy to get larger funding??   

This is what you get when you put greed in education,  under pressure and inject it through the internet amplifier to the air that otherwise good people breath.

Keep it between us ----- but your right and no one cares because we can't trust it not to be manipulated and corrupted and we now assume that it is.

0 Kudos