cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Time to get out of the WTO.

BTW BA there are probably enough sickly and lame critters drug onto the kill floor that would gag a maggot and those fast  food stores sell those burgers to you and refuse to pay their help a living wage. 

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Did you happen to see the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service recall last week for imported product that didn't get import paperwork filled out at border?  The label showed "Product of US".  Can we all say WTF?

And don't run down those Belarus tractors.  They are the longest running cheapest horsepower a farmer could have ever bought.  Thats why yanmar bought the rights to their centrifuge oil filter to put in on a shelf.  Those 240 blocks could go forever with out ever touching them.  Only ones I ever seen with trouble were the run of them they sent to the states they put the short oil tubes to the oil pump. Blow them up setting on a side hill.  Not a lot different than all the Case power shifts that you'd blow the transmission up by doing stationary PTO work in reverse.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Is there room here to note another week of Chipotle at the top of the E-coli ratings list ???  Smiley Happy  Somehow I dont think it has anything to do with anything on the kill floor.

Sooooo, let's eat fresh...

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Not sure what you are replying about?  I was talking about pork from a foreign country that was just recalled.  The label said "Product of the United States".  That doesn't make sense to me.  I say WTF to WTO?

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/recalls-and-public-health-alerts/recall-case-archive...

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

SW -  & others  -It seems as though it's always some  multi - enterprize  outfit with the E- Coli and the like issues --- Mom and Pop resturant's avoid the HEADLINE ?  Also seems our -local- small- locker plants have yet to produce these issues - lucky I guess ?? Mabe when they thru out the   COOL  law our ''' high rated  CONGRESS ''' should have passed a deal ommiting all meat packing facilities unless you kill at least a 1000  /  day and  50%'' must '' be intergreated ---   

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Belarus  - agreed on this about the tractor being a staple in the stable  -  although why label anything whats the difference if the item was produced in  Waterloo  or Minsck  ?    Are   we   afraid  of   the  label  ??

0 Kudos
belarus
Senior Contributor

Sorry, I was trying to be funny.  I'm kind of fond of Russian tractors.  Very crude.  Hydraulics leaked like 1950's US technology.  Electronics were like 1940's US technology.  Motor wear and ability to stay running is like nothing they will ever produce in the US.  lol

I like country of origin.  We are the marketplace.  300 million affluent customers.  I think we should label GMO's also.  Let the marketplace decide.  If not the marketplace these people don't realize that DC is going to regulate them out of competitiveness.  It could be argued that if you look at the average age of farmers, fact that we are net food importer, and percentage of global export market its already happened.

k-289
Senior Advisor

My neighbors cow herd has been feed with a  '' Bela ''  for over a decade and having done so hasn't changed the quality of hay beening rolled out at all as it seems his herd hasn't complained Smiley Happy

0 Kudos