cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Today is the last chance

to make up for that chain saw you bought her for Christmas.   --------------------Don't forget........you can afford a flower-----or 2.

Believe me it is the best thing you can do for the future of your business.  A solid marketing move.

yes--------------I am at gun point.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Today is the last chance

"""  EXCELLANT   MESSAGE """         !    !   !   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It all depends on the girl!  All I want this week is for my sweetheart to glue up a couple of loose ceiling tile in my workshop. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

lucky guy.

I am hoping the nice Valentine dinner out got the message across.----------------better than the chain saw or the lawn mower she got the year before. Smiley Happy

The goal is to get the message across------Valentines Day is a good time to start----------------24 minutes left here in central time.

Kay,

Did he "Get er done?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Reading all the posts here, I might be in the running for farm husband of the year.  I surprised my wife with a brand new iPad of her very own, even had it engraved and personalized for her.  This way she won't further hurt her eyes trying to facebook on a smartphone.  LOL  Hope everyone had a good one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The gluing?  Not yet...his back is really bad right now...I actually think he's going to get our SIL to do the ladder climbing on his off days, sometime between now and Friday. 

I would normally do the gluing myself, but this is an extra-high ceiling.  Even with the ladder that barely fits into the tiny restroom in the shop, where the tile is sagging from an old roof leak, I am still too short to reach from a safe rung.  It will get done, adn then I can use my long-handled paint roller in there. 

Not every girl gets her own workshop...I've waited forty years - my entire adult life - for mine.  He has been wonderful about helping me fix it up, and not complaining about what's been spent up there. 

The other part of the building has been turned into a family and friends workout space.  Our daughter and I assembled all of the accumulated exercise equipment, and added a playyard and baby swing for the new grandson...we get together several times a week to work out and shape up.

No more drives to the gym, 20 minutes away, to get a workout on a cold or rainy day.  Any man who understands that this is a good thing for his womenfolk gets extra points in the love department. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Tell him thanks for being a good example for us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Every Kiss Begins With K

A couple of observations on holidays:

1.  Merchandisers have seized on them and pump out advertisement designed veyr openly to make you look like a Grinch if you don't pony up some loot for someone.  

2.  Jewelers in particular, but flower and candy makers as well, try to sell a not very subtle message that  an appropriate gift will be repaid by some desireable attention.  Pretty blatant and actually a little nauseating.  I think if I was a womanI'd be offended by the idea that they are that easily bought.  But, I'm not a woman and in addition I don't give such gifts, so the issue is moot with me.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Every Kiss Begins With K

It is kind of sad, really.  Most women apparently answer polls to say that the most romantic thing their husband could do is help with the housework....

I was a local news reporter making the rounds to pick up ads from businesses on Valentine's Day many years ago.  As I progressed from place ot place, snapping pictures of people executing their plans for the holiday, it all started making a great photo spread for the following week. 

The florist and her helpers were literally up to their knees in stems and bits of ribbon on the shop floor, they were so busy.  The one that got the most positive comments was the guy at the pizza parlor, who had his girlfriend's name spelled out in pepperoni slices...fortunately, it was "Pam". 

The offbeat and individualized thought, which shows some originality, is the one I always remember.  It doesn't have to be an expensive gift, or even a traditional one.  It does mean a lot to be remembered, though. 

As I said, I have been promised that my shop's saggy ceiling tiles will be glued up soon.  That probably won't make for good sales anywhere, so i don't expect it to become a popular choice among my female friends. 

0 Kudos