cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Top Up Prevent Plant $$$$$$

What's   the  latest  on  this  announcement  -  ?   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Top Up Prevent Plant $$$$$$

I heard they were going to pay additional PP by having the insurance companies send out another check based on some percentage of the original PP crop insurance indemnity already paid.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Notice that this didn't come from the white house......  at least not first notice of the idea...

Maybe the attitude at usda has changed  or     they have waited as long as they can to address plant 2019 problem which has been evident throughout the year....

It is just the way it is, usda is not  farm information news service.  They may think they are ----- but they are not.

-------------------------

Two years now ....... in 2011 when drought took the crop south of I-70.  Usda ignored it until August of 2012.  When that same drought moved north and the Real carry over ran out.

2019 ......... Usda ignores real planting news across the midwest until October when harvest is becoming obvious.  And once again we have the question they can't answer because they never look at real data(not their job).  Is there any carry over in Real Terms????    And how much of this small crop is already sold on the board or in reality?????

Usda is just doing their job and imagining it to be important.  The hope of every public servant.  We just follow them for the bread crumbs.  ------We should never wonder how we elect "those" folks.........(a reference to our behavior not usda)

--------------------------------------------

Politics........... the organized "crime" of our making.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I don`t keep up with this stuff, but there`s a bonus of 15% for prevent plant?  One guy described it as taxpayer money bailing out competitor farmers that are so big they they don`t get everything planted.  That`s the case in many situations, but there`s also those that had a 16 row planter for a 80 couldn`t have gotten done. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Bless ya BA

But your touching on something I have said for years....... The big and small discussion is very misleading because both sides of it are bias based.  It is so easy to come up with those examples.  Yet we are victoms of our environment, politically and technologically.

Who crop insurance benefits is one of those circular discussions that has us biting our own tail.  I wish it were truly crop insurance instead of a board game where the rules constantly change.  There is nothing well thought out in that scavenger hunt, not enough to favor anybody... (The drought of 2011-12    ............. well file claims for a couple of years and see where that gets ya.  This is not an insurance pool, it is a sceam to hurt the ones who file claims.)  Dry land milo acres in sw now face premiums that approach 40% of a normal potential crop.  

Its just a bad smell in a crowded room.

Veteran Advisor

Cavalier   Financial   Attitudes  are  seeming  to  be  in  the  adjustment  phase,  for  the  time  being - - -  

0 Kudos