cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Total Weather Insurance (TWI)

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it a hoax?  I ran across an advertisement for it in one of my magazines, just curious how it works.  I bet it is real expensive.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: Total Weather Insurance (TWI)

We are looking into it also. We have a neighbor that got it last year. During the drought he was getting 15k a day in payments on roughly 3500 acres. But he took out a big policy. I think it was close to $30-$40 an acre. He came into the elevator and complained when we got 2/10 of an inch of rain cause it cancelled out the payments. I have heard it is a real gamble, but if they are talking about another dry year we are looking seriously into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I am not sure I would play in the same "sand box" as these clowns.  If you want all weather insurance, I am sure a Lloyds of London could design a plan for you.  You can insure against anything, maybe we can get Jamie Dimon or Lloyd Blankfein to design a derivative we can buy to protect our crops.  I mean . . . for the right premium these jewish boys will assume the risk, and take the other side of the transaction.  I mean . . . they are real experts in the area or . . . maybe we could call John Corzine and can work up a hedge against weather loss for us. LMAO!    John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Doesn't make any difference.  I checked into it and they won't have expanded coverage into my area until a couple of years.

0 Kudos