cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

Re: Trump ag advisors

"Same as every farm bill for the last 30+ years. The majority of the functional details were written by Usda personnel well after the passage."

Isn't that the truth.  The Congress recently passed a bill directing the FAA to modify it's medical requireemnts.  Now all pilots are holding their breath to see who the FAA twists it around to suit their agenda, not the intent of the lay.

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

The 96 farm bill with a democratic administration and a Republican congress (as I remember), passed a farm bill and signed it.

Then in three months of writing the details the content and function of much of its content took new direction and meaning....

One of those points in time when it was obvious that the administration tramples on congressional authority.  

Several here have written over the years that congress doesn't do it's job(or doesn't do it right..)  But congressional authority for spending (granted so those most often under election scrutiny have to answer for budget problems) has been ramroded and circumvented by administration after administration...

That is why I have never understood the logic of "We have to include it in the farm bill or it won't pass".......... It is not going to be administered as intended anyway.... The list of legal actions against Usda since 96 and the non budget payoffs, lead me to wonder if we would have been better off if the Bill had never passed and the department had gone unfunded.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

The   1996  F A I R   A C T  - Food, Agriculture, Improvment,  R E F O RM ,  Act     -     replaced   the       F A C T  of  1990    - Food,   Agriculture,  Conservation , &  Trade  ---

Word  Smithing   -  Con$ulting   extra-ordinary  - salesmen  ship  at  it's  finest  ? 

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

"we would have been better off if the Bill had never passed and the department had gone unfunded."

Only one word for that type of thinking = "GENIUS"

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

Loooooking  back  - maybe  -  political pressure seems to out weigh common sence  ----