cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

University Research Underfunded

Some land grant universities are complaining that their research is underfunded.  The present some graphs showing that only 25% of their requests are funded, and they get only 4% of non-defense research dollars.

My trip to the Bahamas is underfunded, too.  Why should people think it is persuasive to tell someone they aren't getting as much as the next person, or they only got part of what they asked for?  How do those facts relate to the value of their projects?  Would it have anything to do with their salary?

http://supportagresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/SoAR_Retaking_the_Field_Vol_3.pdf

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: University Research Underfunded

My   ''Tesla  &  Porsche ''   R  &  D  accounts  are underfunded ALSO , although my seed corn account is doing some spending adjustments for 2018 - BIG  TIME---

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I got a friend whose son bought a tesla car.......He calls it a computer on wheels......... His 110 volt outlet will charge about 80 miles worth in one night on the plug...... A 220 volt outlet will get him about 150 miles charging all night...... A full charge is about 200 miles driving.   two hours driving and one hour charging----- That's 45-50 mph at beat. But amazing technology...... real cute ....... I  haven't got time for filling it up 3 hours a day.....  or the payments on a 100K auto with a 200 mille range...
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

beat was best until this website got it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I case I didn't clarify,  REAL  Budget  CUTTING  on  the seed expenditure's , REALITY CHECK TIME for the '' fake news yield '' comparison's for now ---