cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: my stomach turns over Blacksandfarmer

Im not sure if LRRP still exist today, but I think it still does. I was in a regular line unit. Im glad I went and did all that stuff when I was young and not smart enough to know any better haha. Vietnam was a no win situation and I too am afraid Afghanistan may turn out the same way... What part of the country do you farm in Cowfarmer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: my stomach turns over

@Blacksandfarmer wrote:

Canuck you are right, Afghanistan did not start the war. We are fighting Taliban and alqueda fighters that call Afghanistan home. When I went over years ago we had troops from my division not only deploying to Afghanistan, but Iraq and parts of Africa as well, some Marines even got sent into the Philippines to search for terrorist. I have a picture of me with the terrorist training camp in the background that the 9/11 hijackers originally trained at in Afghanistan. We helped bring humanitarian aid to a lot of friendly Afghan villages and hunted Taliban when we could. I personally only shot at somebody when they had shot at me first. My question to you, when the United States got bombed at Pearl Harbor what should the response have been? If Roosevelt would have said "OK Japanese stop it, you are hurting innocent people don't do it again" Roosevelt would have been run out of town. No matter who the president, I don't think he could have kept this country from getting a little pay back for 3,000 innocent lives in a single day..... Do you?

Pearl Harbour was different. That was a country that launched an attack on another country and not just a little terrorist type attack but a full out assault on another countries naval installation with the intent of taking the US out of any future conflict. You probably know that Canada declared war on Japan before your country did after that attack.

Afghanistan did not attack your country AND a little more time and a few $$ in the right hands and Bin Laddin could have been handed over. A vote in Afghanistan government almost passed to have that happen. Check history and you will find that some leaders were so hyped up to go to war and extract vengeance on someone, anyone that they would not let diplomacy and legal proceedings progress. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: my stomach turns over

Canuck, I have checked history and turns out Canada was fighting BOTH world wars long before the United States got involved or as I like to say, saved everybody's a$$! I am no war hawk, but when a group decides to kill 3,000+ civilians in a day something needs done. The Afghan government didn't exist prior to the US invasion so there was nothing to pass. If our wise government would have sent enough troops in the first place this war would have been done and over with a long time ago. Instead we tried paying a rag tag bunch of militia to surround and  take Tora Bora, the militia took our money and turned there heads while Bin Laden walked out of there. But that is history now and in the present there are American and Canadian boys fighting along side each other in Afghanistan as we speak so apparently the US isn't the only country who felt this fight needed fought.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: War call?

From what I have heard, the most rarest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: War call?

Water?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: my stomach turns over Blacksandfarmer

Shows how old I am, my old unit is nonexistent. Western Iowa

Tags (2)
0 Kudos