cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Weather Forecast

This is one of those days where I've checked the short-term (today) forecast a few times on DTN.  No rain in sight, hot, windy.  Yet, the today forecast from DTN at 7 this morning was for 60% chance of rain in this area --  At noon it was 0% -- Just now at 1:10 it was 35%.  Interesting, yet can't count on it for anything.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Weather Forecast

They used the wrong dart
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Roulette  Table  Forecasting   maaaaybe ,   sooner  or  later ,  then  the  10  day comes  along -  Dark  tonite -  Light  tomorrow  ?

Being a weather forecaster in  Scottsdale  AriZonA ,  sunny &  warm, keeping it simple ? .     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

9:30 pm and it looks like it is 100% all across that area in northern mo.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Topeka, Kansas City and Des Moines radars are pretty ugly.

Multiple warnings and the rain totals are ugly as well.

Hobby's stream must be well out of it's banks by now.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

10:45 pm, leading edge still a county north of me.  Hoping for rain.  Told a landlord this afternoon it was a good time for a rain dance.  Hope she doesn't overdo it, don't really need the hail.  Have had showers get within a county away a few times in past week or so, but so far they break up just before they get here, sometimes reforming to the east.  Hoping for some rain tonight.  We are currently within a "severe thunderstorm watch" area.

11:15 pm, we have wind, no rain yet.

11:45 pm, stepped outside, wind not too bad, hear thunder, no rain yet.  Per weather map, it has to be raining within 5 miles of me.  Hope it doesn't break up now.  So close.  Like a kid staying up to see if it snows the night before a big test.

11:52 pm, first drops hitting concrete.  Aaahhhh

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

TV weather shows try to appeal to too wide a geographical area.  I gave up on them  I use my city and the National Weather Service (which is where the TV stations get their data, anyway).

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I use national weather service and DTN via my laptop.  Used to have a good NOAA app on my phone, but never liked the newest app, lost the old one when my phone crashed last year, need to find another weather app that I like for my phone, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I like "MyRadar Pro"  on the phone....

Out here on the high desert it takes radar to find a cloud..... it has a 5 day forcast and can track multiple places.

If you back it up to continental size it shows the location and size of earthquakes in the last 24 hours around the world..

Been interesting watching the big island shake..... 

450 quakes in the last two days ---various sizes up to 6+....

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Dumped out 0.9 inches this morning.  Really needed every drop.

0 Kudos