cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Weather after Rain

This is just my observation so don't mistake it for a complaint. Have you ever noticed that more times than not 2 or 3 days following a much needed rain (only talking my area, don't send the lynch mob just yet) that the weather is just almost perfect to complete what ever work you were doing before the rain shut you down? I've was in the middle of applying my milo preplant herbicide before the rain shut me down. While I was doing this, I could only spray before 10:00AM is the winds would shut me down by mid morning. Now that we have received a little moisture to keep our ground rigs parked the weather is just almost perfect. Temperature in the low 60's, enough humidity to keep all the weeds growing to quickly uptake applied chemicals, and absolutely calm winds all day long. What a gorgeous couple days Central Kansas has received.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Weather after Rain

It doesn't work like that in North-Central Iowa!!!!!! I believe we have had more rain in Iowa this spring than ever on record. Worse than the flood year of 1993.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Weather after Rain

Notice it in a wet fall when ground stays too wet. Couple nice days just enough to start looking for a place to start then rain starts back up. Used to bale a lot of hay seemed that way back then to. Best drying days were just after the rain stopped. Then when the ground was dry enough to start cutting the humidity would set in and make it tough to get it dry enough before the rain started a few days later.
0 Kudos