cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

What ever happened to trumps health insurance plan ?

i finally got my stuff for my 2018 insurance.

Got me thinking, trump signed several executive orders

Including the across state lines associations ??

Anyone get one ?  A few weeks ago he was asked

And they worked wonderful. Millions signed

Up, many from Obama care.

Ah....none were formed !!!

They are still working on regs.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: What ever happened to trumps health insurance plan ?

I just got my 2018 coverage info, packet of info, from my company in mail on Saturday.  This followed a couple of notices for non-payment of January premiums, which were paid in mid-December.  Not too impressed with new company, but at least one stepped in.  Actually, am happy that they've lowered the radar of changes to health insurance for awhile, reduces some stress about the whole issue.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Cheapo  -  Could be  Meico  is  going  to  pay  for  it  ?  ?  statement  ? ? 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/pseudo-republican-squishes-anything-compassionate/#axzz55dZREMSa   

Democrats don't want the system improved. They know it's a barely disguised wealth redistribution scheme that if left alone will necessarily eventuate in a single-payer system — a euphemism for socialized medicine.

So for now, let's forget Democrats, who have no intention of working with Republicans on this.

What about the couple of handfuls of pseudo-Republicans who don't have the decency to end this nightmare — the ones who campaigned on the promise to repeal this law but won't now pull the trigger?

Seven Republican Senators Who Voted Against Obamacare Repeal
Seven Republican Senators Who Voted Against Obamacare Repeal :  U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander (R-Tennessee) U.S. Senator Shelley Moore Capito (R-West Virginia) U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-Maine) U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada) U.S. Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) U.S. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio)

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

289...I understand, after paying for a wall,
Fixing our roads, and paying too much for
Wheat and corn, how will they afford it.

BA, trump signed it, nothing stopping it other
Than his people haven't written the regs, no
Insurance co wants in on it, and trump has
Said millions have already signed up for it.

How do you sign up for something, and saying
Millions are insured by it when it does not
Exist ?
Did he lie on purpose or doesn't he really know ?
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Whether we like it or not, whatever we now have IS "Trumpcare".  Unfortunately, too much time has passed, along with too many changes and adjustments in the system,  to simply pick up where we left off before "Obamacare", and too many people would be without health insurance and possibly health care if we repealed the whole thing and started over.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

EL  -  Have your wife get a job in town - were ''SOMEONE else PAYS'' for it - wala - all's  A-OK ---

D C  knows the private pay is off the rails - but are to political$$$ connected to face the music ---

SOooo  blame it on someone else,  the ONLY temporary fix  ?  Nice business model proforma (adverb) --- 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The only way to ultimately "fix" private pay plans is to totally eliminate group plans (or base the "group" solely on geographic location), so they are all private plans, even if whole/partially paid by employers -- it won't happen, but just sayin'.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Now here is the perplexing thing. We are ""told""
No money in health insurance, that is why limited
Choices and high premiums

Yet a pharmacy co buys atena I believe

And announcement of Amazon and burkshire Hathaway is forming a company !!

My guess, hq would be Omaha...your pills
Will be delivered by drones,. And if you are
Really sick, a big drone will land at your place
With a doctor in it.
You'll get on the computer and enter all your
Problems then you will interact with Dr via a
"Tool kit" they sent out...a camera that you
Will hold over area, a mic to listen to heart,
Lungs, bowels,
And hospitals...will be painted yellow with a happy face on then
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I suspect that some people may have overlooked the windfall profits they made from Obamacare (a.k.a. Affordable Care Act).

Since 2010, while the bottom 90% were bickering over their ever increasing premiums, deductibles, co-pays, and reduced access to "appropriately credentialed" healthcare; prudent investors and those in possession of some judicious Washington DC inside information were all busily investing in the Obama healthcare insurance industry. This industry included United Health, AETNA, Cigna, Humana, and Anthem.

When President Obama left office last January, the S&P 500 Index was up 270% since March 9, 2009. Better still, the above mentioned companies were all up (since January 2010) by nearly 350% last January. Fast forward to the election of Donald J. Trump in November 2016...since then, the S&P 500 Index is up 23%, but the Obamacare health insurance industry is now up over 70%. Whoo hoo and God bless America!

Moral: If a fist fight between an avid Breitbart/Fox viewer and a MSM lover breaks out in front of the Disney World ticket booth; it matters not the slightest who wins the brawl just as long as...(and this is the really important part)...they both pay their money for admission.

["Democracy is based on the principle that the common man knows what he wants and that he usually get's it....good & hard." H.L. Mencken]