cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: What ever happened to trumps health insurance plan ?

Fitting quote!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yeah, someone that gets their health insurance through work has "SOMEONE ELSE PAY FOR IT"....really??? You do know a job is responsibility and work, if you don`t have insurance taken out of your paycheck, then you paycheck is bigger, someone else is NOT "paying for it".

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Why is it these liberals are letting off scot free the guy that made mess of healthcare in the first place???  Blue Cross premiums doubled and tripled under this guy and not a boo out of the Libs, now all of a sudden they give a damn.

image.png

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The commander in chief stated - 2/27/17 - nobody knew health care could be so complicated --- fact from Fox news ---

When Blue Cross doubled my premium  & deductible in Dec of 2016  & then made the decision abruptly (12/2016) stop offering individual policy offerings - I wonder if it was due to  my -'' libertarian ''- political affiliation ?

We continually find with great merit ( talk is CHEEP or Cheap - takes $$$ to BUY whiskey ) on either side of the isle ---  ONE interesting fact - I have yet to see one example of anyone from any political party affiliate - depart from Medicare coverage ? ? 

Announcement's of  ''new'' participants in health insurance field made yesterday, seemed to be quite unsettling to  Wall Street _ _ _    

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

K-289, if you are a Libertarian, you`ll have major problems with Obamacare.  Shortly after Obamacare was partisanly passed, Blue Cross rates started jumping 25% and 30% annually and then by 2016, it became real money.   No, don`t try and tell anyone that "Blue Cross only jacked rates in December of 2016".

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I'm saying the health care issues won't go away with a major (28% ) of the  US population subject unbridled cost increases, on a pay cash bases of which they can't ---

20 % of G D P being health care driven is an interesting stat, which of that being @25% noncollectable- how does that work other than file a ''chapter business'' plan ---

Deficit spending works the Dem's & Rep's as to who ever is in office and the finger pointing continues cause like the chief said - who new it was this complicated---

$15.oo / hr jobs won't with stand premium coupons of 5 digit expenditures / unless say maybe 40-60 % are ''' subsidized with tax payer $$$ - hummm, where have we witnessed that equation on this site on certain types of insurance ?         

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

See K-289, this is the problem from the inception of Obamacare, that it does NOTHING to reduce healthcare COSTS.   Insurance on a $500,000 car costs more than on a $500 car, right?  All you guys wringing your hands on how to get the Koch brothers or someone with $1 more than you to pick up the cost is just rearranging the deckchairs.  

Insurance price isn`t the problem, the problem is healthcare costs, like the "$500 car verses the $500,000 car insurance premiums".   That high cost is a doctor (a human) forgets a sponge in a patient and sues the poor doctor for $800 billion gazillion.  Well the doctor to CYA buys high priced malpractice insurance and passes those costs on to ALL of US.  And our healthcare abilities have exceeded the worth of the human carcass (if we want to be honest) ...back in the 1950s the healthcare available was affordable.  We have to start the honest conversation of a doctor telling certain patients that "we can`t spend $1 million on you and you probably won`t survive the wheelchair ride to the parking lot.   And there`s illegal aliens that get care and of course can`t pay, so their hospital bill gets amortized onto everyone elses...part of that cost of "having someone do the jobs that Americans won`t do"..

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Have my spouse involved with health care for several decades, the malpractice insurance premium for her was quite minimal - NOT FAKE NEWS ---

I've yet to witness anyone file bankruptcy due to a health insurance malpractice settlement, no so on the patient end bills ---

Maybe the insurance providers should have been totally transparent on what my portion of my premium was due to the malpractice costs, and when I presented that particular question - 10 years and no response - go figure this day and age when accounting is at the providers finger tips ? ?       

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

So was your wife a doctor or nurse practitioner? and you say "was" so how long ago?  It isn`t just the premium of malpractice insurance, it`s all those unnecessary expensive tests that have to be done to cover the provider and health system ....the insurance premium is the tip of the iceberg for all the expense.  And doctors getting sued is only one of 3 reasons I gave for healthcare costs going up, until we have the guts to address all those, we`ll keep gettin` what we`re gettin`.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Nurse  1977 - 2014  - malpractice insurance requirement -   and agreed on extra tests, some what , although they are a generous revenue booster in the ''medical industrial '' complex ---

I find the malpractice excuse by providers was close to one of the first  ''' reasons ''' my agent would concoct on the table for premium acceleration , only to be questioned,  was never  part of the negotiation process again mentioned ---  Kinda reminds me of the '' free interest '' on depreciating assets purchases, not being a repayment issue, nearly as much as the retail price tag ---

Medical costs of inflation index @   5.36% annually  & wages @  1.75 / 2.7  is not a good stat. , so we will see if , '''better,cheaper, for everyone'' -speech will hold any merit  as stated on 7 /24 / 2017 -

While days of occupancy ( hospital stay ) have steadily decreased for 3 decades - ah now what ?

Call your Congressional Reps.and voice your concern's as I have and needless to say if it was Obama's fault - excuse will soon be history- even though the statement of ''' I never new it would be so complicated ''' is an interesting extenuation --- Replicating your Beltway Reps policy would be a nice start, as John McCain stated, interesting conversation ---     

Buying a health care policy seems to be a little more complicated marketing management issue , although consolidation of the industry with several Billion $$$ take overs- buy outs, leaves one asking - If  it's  A   DEAD HORSE - WHY BUY ? 

Having a health insurance policy (Pewter- UN BRONZE)   of say $5000.oo deductible - with a  $45,000.oo  cap would be, the narrow road to no-ware ---

Truly - I hope your family & mine are able to avoid ever filing a claim - as far as politicians honestly addressing the issue with little more than straw man statements - the '' political will '' seems to hold a lack of courage to address as Steven Herrick once said ---           

0 Kudos