cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

What's with the new board designations of "friend", etc.?

Having been an Online member for over a decade, I'm perplexed at the way this new site is describing each member's contributions and history.  I've written dozens, if not hundreds of times on this site.  Since this new format is up and running, I was designated as a "contributor" with only a few posts credited to my name.  Suddenly, after the last post, I'm reduced to being a "friend".  If this trend keeps up, I may soon "die".  Smiley Surprised

What gives?  Is there a secret handshake or "charity" to send a few bucks that will grease the skids, or....?  Just kidding.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Senior Contributor

It's getting worse...now I'm just a visitor....???

I'm now a visitor.  Soon, I may become only a mere acquaintence and then, what, an enemy?  Smiley Sad

I don't have a clue how this web site decides who is what, but, Kay/NC is still a frequent contributor with hundreds of posts while my designation is slowly eroding.  The gods of cybernet have spoken....I guess.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: It's getting worse...now I'm just a visitor....???

You just have to work harder, I guess, smokeyjay!

Sounds like it's counting down on you, instead of up...a lot of the women's page denizens are complaining the alast few days about having to sign in every time they check in. 

Wonder whazzup?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

at least you have a pretty green combine in your avaitar pict. Mine has a gagle of pigletts, which I have nothing to do with.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Some of my friends on Women's page are seeing their avatar change, too.  Maybe if you put up your own photo, it will stay.  Mine did. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Signing in is necessary for me too each time I come on site.

Posted about that as did someone else and the admin did answer saying they were aware of that problem and working on it. That was a few days ago.

Not sure but I think I lost my avatar.

Now I will have to check and see.

BTW why do some names show in Green and others in red?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Things seemed to go haywire when teh overall color scheme changed a few days or so ago, I think. I was a "veteran contributor" when this started, and have lost some ground, too. 

I don't really notice that stuff as a rule, until someone points out issues with the site; but, there is some apparent gremlin in the machine right now, for sure.  I am sure that SF is working diligently on it. 

As for the red and green...maybe they are decorating early for Christmas?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Well, mine changed too, but I quickly changed it back.  I'm partial to all things green, piglets not withstanding.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Advisor

Kay, I think that gremlin in the web site must really like you alot.  You're still "veteran contributor."  Oh, oh.  Bet mine will be reduced, again.  Sorry gremlin....I didn't mean it, honest!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

As we talk about this, there is a sort of "Alice in Wonderland" quality to current events...or, maybe Twilight Zone" is more like it. 

0 Kudos