cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

What`s your favorite farm radio station?

I really like WNAX 570 am out of Yankton.  That is a real farm station, sale barn listings, markets and analysis, Hefty brothers are on all the time. 

https://wnax.com/

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: What`s your favorite farm radio station?

For just listening, KWMT Fort Dodge.  For farm news at noon, WMT Cedar Rapids.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The Big Show on WMT and WHO 11-1 is good.  KGLO out of Mason City noon hour is good for upcoming local farm meetings.  KIOW Forest City has David Kruse commentary, but instead of relevant market info, the last 2 years David has turned into a 100% Trump basher. 

I`ve caught KWMT, it seems they talk to Sue Martin occasionally.  The Linder Farm Network KOWZ has good info, but I laugh Lynn Kettleson will have those planting in early April "Just about done Lynn...we`ll finish tomorrow!"  and there I am in the machine shed with rain coming down 2 weeks from getting in the field.   Makes you want to throw a hammer at the radio sometimes   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

K R V N  -  880  - Lexington  Nebraska  ,  Kansas  &  Nebraska  Farm  News,   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Agree krvn
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

WHO in Des Moines. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

WHO is great, Doug Cooper and those guys.  I miss Mark Pearson.   And Jan Mikelsen had a program on before the Big Show, I wish Jan was able to come back.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Indeed. Jan's show was thought provoking, the new guy is milquetoasty at best, and I tune out quite often. A lot of Ag guys are using SiriusXM 147 to listen to RFD-TV's radio service. You can tune it in on your smartphone, for a fee.  

0 Kudos