cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Where I'm coming from on gov programs Good points Jim kraft t

I think your right about the townies there getting killed right now. Truly feel bad for them, but don't you think 99 weeks of unemployment is kind of abusing the system.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

No! I do not think that is abuse. The truth is that companies aren't hiring because sales do not warrant such expansion. Of course there are exceptions in that some areas are struck quite as hard.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I think you and I see the world about as different as possible. But you might be right and I might very well be wrong, who am I to say.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Saw in the local paper yesterday where another company is closing its local mfg plant.  It is a smaller plant that employs about 45 people with a pay scale of $15-$17 per hour.  This company has 3 mfg sites.  One in Canada, one in Mexico and our local plant.   Wonder why the US plant was the chosen one?

The reason I bring this up is to show that many area's are still losing jobs.  Just what are these people supposed to do?  There are few, if any, decent jobs available.   

The whole country is still losing manufacturing jobs.  These are jobs that pay well and have good benfits.  There will be no recovery for many people here in the US unless good jobs come back.  The chances of that happening any time soon are slim and none.  

How many more manufacturing jobs will be lost in the next 5-10 years here in the US?  What are all of these displaced workers going to do?  Honestly, I am very pessimistic about the economic future of our country.  If it were not for the Fed's printing presses things would be much worse now.  How much longer can the Fed keep creating money out of thin air before the whole thing implodes?        

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: So what's the solution

OK, I'm sold. Get the goverment out of agriculture. What's your plan to make this happen?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately it's probably impossible now. My way of thinking like Jim Meade pointed out is the past. I'm gonna go read Atlas Shrugged again and wonder what the world has happened. It's so frustrating to me. So for the record you are all right and I'm just one of those mountain men clinging to his gun and his bible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Where I'm coming from on gov programs

Reading an article from Norfolk Southern main man in Progressive Railroading train traffic might be a little misleading on the consumer front---he sounded cautious about the 2011 time frame---time will tell with my guess strained tax revinues because of the continued dissapperance of middle class jobs-- 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Re: Where I'm coming from on gov programs

If he's not too up on the coming months, then we all need to consider that as a warning sign, I think. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Well, feel free to let us know when you have some kind of actual plan.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

OK, Let's start the insanity, how about a 100% cut of the direct payments.

0 Kudos