cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Who Do You Trust to Purchase Crop Insurance?

It wouldnt balance the budget. But the USPS could balance its budget. Just because its a service dosent mean it CANT be profitable. We have a full time post master for a town of 50 people. Pretty sure that cant justify itself. I know people complain because small towns are losing their post office but most of those would work just as well with a rural route, and you can buy stamps at other places than the PO. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Yes but most of us are not sending our bills through the UPS. If the USPS was dropped and UPS or Fedex or whatever took up the slack they could dramatically reduce prices because of the large influx of customers who want to send their small pieces of mail. And probably make it more efficient.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

most of the FSA offices have 7  year old computers that couldnt handle the software the agents have to use......new computers would cost $$$ and they would have to hire more staff to do it too......more $$$$$  where is the savings???  i say leave it where it is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

45 CENTS

"and back in grandpa's day you could buy a brand new cadillac for what it costs now to mail one stinking letter!"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: 45 CENTS

Most of us are still using the mail, at least for bill paying and document passing.  If speed is not an issue ---still a good reliable way to get info from here to about anywhere cheaply.  -----The irony is the US government is the part of the economy abandoning the postal service the fastest. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

i suspect you can send a letter by ups. click on my name send me your mailing address, I will send it and report back what the cost is. Better yet, send me an email, and I'll send you my address. Further, the ups touts their tracking, but it is mediocre at best.

0 Kudos