cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

Will Your Operating Interest Rate Rise?

Fed Chair Yellen yesterday testified to the Senate using language that implied a greater likelihood of a rate increase this year and maybe earlier than had been expected.  In March?  Who knows, but sometime and not the end of the year.

It's getting time for some to renegotiate operating loans.  What are the lenders saying?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Will Your Operating Interest Rate Rise?

I think it will, it depends on the lender, some have held the line from last year and feel they`ve "done their part".  So, now they might feel justified to add a "risk premium" in farm loans.

Here`s some Peter Schiff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJdW5LOd5jo

0 Kudos
JimMeade
Veteran Advisor

I texted my lender this morning and she said she was not the one to set rates but she wouldn't be surprised if they went up sometime this year.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

The  excuse  to  raise  will  be  driven  by  the  1 yr., 10 yr &  30  yr  bond  market  poker  game ---

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I think it needs to some , 

This zero interest environment has things all out of historical whack.

Has killed savings, which has hurt a whole generation.

0 Kudos
k-289
Esteemed Advisor

C D  rates conversations  are compareable to a  2 or 4 row lister at your implement dealer -  as far as political clout with the  '' beltway '' money ball crowd --- 

0 Kudos
ncwinn54
Frequent Contributor

Precisely the point I have made in some other discussions.  While our parents and grandparents could count upon savngs interest compounding, it has been a dead loser to save cash,  for us in our sixties, for sure. 

0 Kudos