cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Yes by all means buy your mom a margarita today

After all you are the reason she drinks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes by all means buy your mom a margarita today

Yes, pretty funny. I am lucky, my wife only drinks wine and beer, and not the expensive $15+ a bottle stuff, the cheaper $5-$10 a bottle wine and she is happy with a beer called ICEHOUSE, also pretty cheap for a 12 pack, think under $10 for a 12 pack I think. She always was a "CHEAP DATE"!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A movie, a cheap bottle of wine, and a hamburger at Applebee's and she was good to go!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!

She would kill me if she read that!!!!!!!! She was also happy with only a $2,000 engagement ring in 1985 dollars. I knew guys that spent $5,000 to $10,000 in late-1980's dollars for there engagement ring, a waste of money. I didn't have $10,000 dollars back in 1985 to buy an engagement ring, it was all going to buy farmland. In fact, in 1986, you could buy a high-quality Iowa 80 acre farm for under $100,000 and $10,000 was the downpayment you needed. Anyway, she was happy with her engagement ring I gave her. I showed it to her father when I asked him if it was ok to marry his daughter and he said she didn't need such a big diamond, it wasn't a big diamond by any means, only 1 carret, with 2-3 smaller side diamonds around it. He was raised in the 1930's depression and he could hardly afford even a 1/10 of a carret diamond for my mother-in-law. He had a heart attack and died in the tractor cab about 4 months before the wedding. That was to bad he never got to see his youngest daughetr get married. They found him in the tractor when he didn't come home for supper. The engine was still running, but he got it out of gear before he died. Think it was a JD 4440 MODEL if I remember right. Small by today's standard, but he loved that tractor for some reason.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Yes by all means buy your mom a margarita today

When I bought carolyn hers $300 was a big deal. Late 50's but i bought her a couple nicer ones since then. A couple years ago she inherited her mothers diamond ring and it cost me $2500 to reset it in a different mounting. I'm glad she didn't inherit two.

0 Kudos