cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

farmland auction in hardin county

A reporter( i know) went to watch farmer's national auction at eldora(hardin county) iowa yesterday. 2 farms with csr's of about 65 and 70. both were "no saled" but sold later at  the auctionnegotiations after the auction. I was told selling price was $5200 for one and $7600 for the other. Was definitely not top farmland, but one could also say that prices were definitely not stronger. this isn't complete information since I don't have tillables on either farm. If anyone can add more would be helpful.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: farmland auction in hardin county

Something tells me that the reporting of this one will not get the huge hype that all the rapidly-escalating prices have gotten in the last couple of years.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Actually, it was an econmics reporter from u.s. news out of washington dc office doing a piece on commodity prices. it would be in their online site. I'll try to post a link when/if it goes on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Wow.  Now I know that farmland in our area is way overpriced.  A 40 recently sold for $4,700 at auction.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

out of touch with realoty here, apparetnly.

but how can anyone justify paying 6k/A for less than high grade farmland with

corn CoP of say 3.75  beans, would it be 6.75?

Is it farmland is the only thing 90% of farmers have done will in?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I can't speak for others, but farmland has been the best investments I have ever made. Other investment have been less than admirable.

Investing in farm land is investing in our own business. Berkshire Hathaway and Google have done pretty well but most of us pick the losers and are destined to do so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why weren't you a buyer that day, John?  You probably want the 80 csr stuff.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Some unidentified minnesota land baron is gonna have to recalc his net worth statement.

0 Kudos