cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

food riots and government policies

I found this interesting

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/67338/evan-fraser-and-andrew-rimas/the-psychology-of-food-rio...

According to them it is not so much the prices as the perception of unfair dealing.

Farm groups may want to take notice so that the producer is portrayed fairly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: food riots and government policies

It's not a bad idea for producers to educate the public and consumer.  The emotional issue will be the food vs. fuel argument that is put forward by some.  It has a way of focusing attention on farmers when the food prices are much more affected by the processor and retailers.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: food riots and government policies

Try to get the media to report the facts, not hype.  Even conservative Fox news hates ehtanol.   I have never heard the media mention DDG's or corn oil being removed during the process.  To them, once corn enters an ethanol plant it's gone from the consumer.

I've become a regular viewer of Larry Kudlow on CNBC.  He was in Reagans OMB.  He dislikes high commodity prices and a weak dollar.  The more I watch his show and hear tidbits here and there of his views during his time in gummint the more I realize that it was possibly people like him in Reagans inner circle that led to the 80's farm crisis.  While I am not in favor of most of Obamas policies I gotta admit that he sure is making us some good dough.

0 Kudos