cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: rural folks should read this

BCBS doesn't give anything away - you may not have paid for it directly

but anybody that pays their premiums chipped in.

It's called public relations.

Until they change tax policy to eliminate deductability of certain "expenses" we'll continue to pay.

Not saying that addition wasn't needed but be honest about where the money comes from.

The first politician that advocates eliminating deductability for game tickets, stadium suites, etc. gets my vote!!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The upkeep on this upgraded infrastructure can eat you up.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Not a fun read but fits

Yes we are joining the worlds poor.

0 Kudos
Advisor

Yes, without even reading the list of replies, you have legitimate concerns.  But this is normal for rural folks, voting for candidates who actually oppose programs that are vital to rural communities.  And yet they are the first victims in a long line of tax and budget cuts.  Bingo!

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Smokey  - nailed  it ----

0 Kudos
Advisor

That’s hard to deny.

Another interesting piece on that:

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/08/15/its-the-economy-stupid-2/

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

bruce  - beltway sell -out's trick-eLL'd  all the way to Midwest, only now the remaining elector-it of several election cycles pretend to engage in '' Magaa '' sound biitees ---      

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well, I could show a writer swell parts of town and he could do a story on how well the Midwest is doing, then I could show another writer the itinerant  factory worker, trailer parks and he could write a story much like your link.....it`s all relative and wasn`t solved during the 2009-2016 time frame.  And Ferguson, Missouri, Gary, Indiana and that bastion of diversity Postville, Iowa are located in the "Midwest".  

Last summer i toured Silicon Valley, the multi-million dollar homes, fancy cars booming economy and was panhandled by a young man at McDonalds in Santa Cruz, I saw homelessness in San Francisco only blocks from the chic $2 million homes near Haight street. You can write any kind of story you want.

The "problem" is we got too efficient in the last 30yrs, due to free trade and the neutering of labor unions, our workers are pitted in direct competition with the 3rd world...and no  the US worker can not compete with workers in many parts of the world living on $2/day and the industrial waste being dumped directly into their rivers.  

We have been kicked out of the "Garden of Eden" and from now on we will earn our daily bread from the sweat of our brows. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

More from a guy nobody here seems to like

0 Kudos