cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: More from a guy nobody here seems to like

Nice to hear from you bruceMN , with the article expressing the past, present , future thoughts and theory---

Seems we are on course like the small ships in the Gulf of Japan, loaded with technology of navigation and still go ''bump in the nite '''  ---   

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

As I travel around the upper Midwest, I don`t have this pessimistic view of things out here...yes I know the price of corn and beans on the chalkboard at the elevator.   But beyond that, I see new houses going up, I see campers and boats and side by sides at residents and the roads are full of fancy cars and pickups going somewhere on a "Tuesday afternoon".    If you want a job and you have a CDL and clean urine and show up on time, you really can`t complain, you`ll have to beat away the potential employers with a stick.  

The problem is the constricting regulations that small companies have to put up with, the ACA being a big one.  There are small companies chomping at the bit to hire more than "50 employees" and bring more off of part time status, all that`s needed is to relieve those burdens ...and after last year`s election, it is slowly being done.

My kids see California as land of opportunity and it is, if I was young (and smart   Smiley Happy   ) that`s where I`d be going.   However, they have a overpopulation problem.  Houses too high, infrastructure problems, what good is living 5 miles from the Pacific if you wait 4hrs for a parking spot to get there?   Going through rural western Wisconsin, that`s a hidden gem, lots of beautiful land to build and if you have a job that allows you to work remote from home most of the time, to me these high tech companies could easily farm it out in those areas.  A certain owner of a chain of lumberyards is aware how good it is out there  Smiley Wink 

Veteran Advisor

BA  -  Maybe I'm NOT seeing clearly, why are the -drive, pump, & haul  opportunity's so lucrative , the adds are continual - week after week, month after month, year after year, with turn over at double digit or '' treinta +''  category ? ?

Furnishing  '' health  insurance '' would eliminate the so called ''' ACA  complication '' ---

Talking today with my relatives in the southeast, Texas, and west coast today and their first  ?  being is it really  -14 degrees ?  Recruiting full time retirement folks and other's to this weather, NOT SO FAST being their answer --- 

Reversal of population depletion will be an fading memory, with open space & with the scent of good ole '' smells like $$$ '' sales pitch - GOOD LUCK ---            

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

289, I don`t want to be offered health insurance by a company, because my Wife has a excellent plan and if I`m offered by another company, I either take it or stay on my Wife`s policy or they soak us $100/month to stay on her policy.   So, it`s a plus for me working for a small company doesn`t offer it.

I was listening to a talk investment show on if $1 million is enough to retire on.   It depends on your lifestyle and what state you live...I might add, how long are you going to live?  In some states $1 million would last about 30years and some about half of that.  Well, these sub-zero states have a lower cost of living, so probably for many of us staying right where we`re at is the cheapest alternative.  

But you figure living in "the Valley" in Texas in the sweltering summer heat, bugs and snakes and dust and full of people you don`t know...I don`t think it would be for me.  But these days, you can have you groceries delivered, order crap online and Fed Ex comes to your door, hire a yahoo to blow out your driveway.  If you really want to go somewhere in the cold, call a Lyft or Uber.  Cold days in the winter, crank up the furnace ...there`s no bad weather, only improper clothing.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA - Maybe you need to tour a few more places, states, and there is rural living opportunity's besides  Hwy 18   corridor --- 

Relatives in rural Texas have monthly - annual utility bills similar to mine - just saying and some trade offs as with any region, although the population continues to swell, except in our fly over region ?   + or -  time will tell ?  

Your 1st sentence explains the health insurance option for you although doesn't address out the the 50 employee syndrome , for the record the 3-13-2017 statement  from Commander In Chief - '' No one will loose coverage, coverage for everybody, and ''' lot less expensive for everyone ''' -  well maybe next year , and here we are , '''  anticipation '''' ? ?        

0 Kudos