cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

suggestions for making a website for calculating agricultural land

Hi, so I'm a web developer and I made this website for my uncle, he's an agricultural engineer in Egypt, the website idea is based on their system there in Egypt. The whole concept in short is that it's a calculator that calculates acres and karats in a special way, for example when you calculate 3.22 + 2.2 = 5.42 in a normal calculator, but in the calculator I made 3.22 + 2.2 = 6 that's is because, 3 acres + 2 acres = 5 acres and 22 karats + 2 karats = 24 karats or one acre.

So my question here is: What is the system people in the US work with? like can I apply the same concept but on acres and karats, like acres before the dot and sq ft or sq ch after the dot (acre.sq ft, 3.4000) or would it be useless and no one would use it, or if you have any other suggestions for me to add to the website please tell me in the comments.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: suggestions for making a website for calculating agricultural land

What is the purpose of calculating acres and karats?   I mean, if there are 24 karats in one acre, just have information in karats with (acres) in parentheses.   But isn`t Egypt on the metric system of hectares and kilograms?

Here`s a site that might have some info

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/area/kirat.html?u=kirat&v=1

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: suggestions for making a website for calculating agricultural land

Hi, thanks for your reply, The whole purpose was to make this as an offline calculator for my uncle, but I got the idea that maybe people in other places need something like that calculator, so I published it, that's why I posted this question to add more features. As far as I know Egypt is on the metric system, but IDK for some reason my uncle wanted it like that, anyway thanks for that site, it'll be useful 

0 Kudos