cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

the future??

772484-129710608349301-Ronald-Rutherford.jpg

I keep thinking I should have enjoyed the last few years more than I did.

And I keep seeing signs that tell me the future is very different.  This line may not go below 0, but it might if we need to catch on with Cargill and transfer to Brazil.  But If I was 20 and interested in farming I would get the same math/accounting degree and add a lot of technical robotics type classes.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: the future??

It`ll get down to one guy that will be at a control panel with a couple dozen buttons labeled "corn"  "soybeans"  "wheat" and he`ll push those buttons and robots will take care of the wheat or corn crop.  Robots will build robots and one day a robot will replace the guy pushing buttons.  We`ll have a robot secretary of agriculture and he will send out ARC and PLC checks to the robot  And former farmers will be on a beach with little umbrellas in their drinks, until robots get that job too.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA  -  Nice one  -   I'm  goen  with  Robot  con-sulting  -  new  frontier -  thinking  outside the  circuit ---  IPO  offerings  coming  soon ---

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Someone is planning to help you qualify for that occupation.

https://www.technocracy.news/index.php/2017/02/01/elon-musk-plans-install-computers-directly-human-b...

Just read this story about neuro lace...

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

After her mother passed on Christmas eve this past year my wife quit the nursing home and now works at Honda. She said one night one the paint robots shut down the line. After a 2 hour repair job they re-started the robot and it ran into the side of a car. They told everyone to go home.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I F F F F  -  we  had  all  robots  at  the  factory - wouldn't  need  an  employee  parking  lot   -  soooo  intern  would  we  need  an  auto  production  LINE  ?  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey 3020, I`m a luddite, non-straight planting, John Henry fan, but getting my hopes up and betting against technology hasn`t worked so well the first half century of my life.  Smiley Happy  It seems like "they" always figure it out and things out do all but the most open minded science fiction writers.   In the 80`s I think it was this magazine that ran an article on the big hog outfits, one of the quotes that I recall was "yeah, but who`ll sit up all night with the pigging sow?", well they figured it out.

I always champion those with a strong back and weak mind, but now my back ain`t as strong as it used to be and my mind isn`t even what it used to be   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

The technology seems to roll on .

My son bought new kitchen appliances for an old house he is referbishing because the internet price was much better and he got the usual  one item -refrig.-- had a pallet fork poked through the box at some point in the delivery...

Sent back --- replaced....

I keep thinking we will hit the point where the local dealer delivering and installing will be missed.... But maybe not....

If they get what they want for the price they want,,,,, maybe the increasing shipping costs will be absorbed in the price...and we won't notice it.

The neuro lace issue is interesting and pretty Sci-Fi   

Imagine a tiny lace netting being injected into the brain and it gradually expanding by 30 times as the brain tissue intertwines with it and grows around it.  This creates an ability for the brain to interface with a computer or wifi communications direct.

Being done in test animals now.... Somehow I doubt the humane society of political excitement is going to say much about that.

I was thinking even if it can increase brain function or speed of research, or treat brain problems ...... Will people actually allow the ultimate invasion of privacy....

I found comfort with the word . NO.  for a while yesterday afternoon,... Until i was watching the ncaa bracket hype last evening and it dawned on me.... Of course they will....... they will line up to get it just like a proformance enhancing drug .......... 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

stephen hawking has a fear of A.I., his thougts are that the A.I. will overtake humans......which he is most likely right.

I think you will see some human experiment with the "brain net", mainly those with disabilities.....work being done now with

those that are blind and deaf that could benefit from something similar.

this was discussed years ago, but now, technology has got to the point where it can.

it's a brave new world.....and i'm an old chicken.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Not getting my hopes up either BA. But I shore would have liked to seen the look on the guys face right after he hit the start button.

0 Kudos