cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Re: RSW............I see you are spending your time over here now........

My inlaws are both born and raised in Iowa, an Iowa farm family, a NW Iowa farm family that has been there over 100 years.  You know what I got from my father-in-law when I married his daughter? I got a firm handshake, welcome and glad to have you in our family speech, a second fathers advice that is desperately needed by a young man, an open door and phoneline anytime I needed someone to talk too, lots of respect since he felt I was a gentleman, and the most appreciated & precious gift he gave me that I still have today, HIS DAUGHTER!!!  These are a hell of a lot more valuable than farmland.  Any MAN would agree.

Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

eceived

ome of

ife's

amilies

cres

ight before

atromoney

ervice

I hope they weren't misfortunate land owners of the 80's. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
huskerfool
Contributor

We have just seen the tip of the iceberg of what kind of nutcase this guy is.

Some poor fella on agweb just wanted some advice for his 10th graders econ class where they were doing a mock stock purchase, and richard dithered on and on and on about why farrmland was outperforming the stock market.

Maybe the econ teacher, for next years mock stock contest, tell the kids they got 160 actres of land for marrying right, and they had to parlay that into indorseen wealth., (wealth only seen in dicks mind)

0 Kudos
rswfarms
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the compliment huskerfool, I appreciate it. And you should know that all Iowa farmland owners are nut cases, who else would be paying over $16,000/acre for farmland except in Iowa these days? However, it is pretty funny that even at $16,000/acre the current Return on Investment Ratio for $16,000/acre dirt is 5.5%. This means Iowa farmland is still undervalued given historical ROI Ratios. In fact, the current 5.5% Ratio is 1.5% higher than the historical average. But yes, all Iowa farmland owners are nut cases for buying such expensive land.

0 Kudos