cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

JD 4000 starter wrench

Jump to solution

Where might I find the wrench to remove the inside nut that holds the starter on my JD 4000, I would assume it would be the same as the 4020.Any ideas on how to remove the nut  other than the special wrench ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: JD 4000 starter wrench

Jump to solution

I most of the time take a old craftsman wrench and bend it to what I need it to fit the problem.Greenpower says JD sells wrenches to fit the 4000 series.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

john deere makes a wrench for starters for the 4000 series tractors and it don't cost that much. there really is not any way to get the starter off without this wrench.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Jump to solution

I made one one time for my 4020. I think it was an old 9/16s wrench I cut off and rewelded. Most of my wrench sets were incomplete anyway.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

I most of the time take a old craftsman wrench and bend it to what I need it to fit the problem.Greenpower says JD sells wrenches to fit the 4000 series.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

I borrowed a JD wrench from a neighbor sure worked well to take it off Also used a wobble extension with a socket pushed up to the ball had a good angle to run back on with the rachet then didn't need the wrench. Thanks  Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Friend

Jump to solution

i bought one from a deere dealer a few years ago,it was less than 20 dollars it was for a 4020, iam sure it would work on a 4000, if i was closer to you , i would let you borrow it.

0 Kudos