cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Friend

Mobile Welding

Just Curious, how many guys with a sub 1000 acre operation use or would have a use for mobile welding services.

Thanks

R

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Mobile Welding

Really...someone with that size operation is still able to afford a stick welder..and maybe a mig welder to boot. The only place I see mobile welding coming in to play..is on specialty welds...like aluminum mig, tig, stainless or spring steel and cast iron (I generally like powder transfer welding for this). Some out of position repairs might be better done by an experienced mobile welder....but the cost for paying someone to drive to your farm is generally going to influence someone to try to do their own welding first...and then call the expert when they screw it up..LOL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Friend

i figured that they would probably own atleast one welder. about ever farm around here has the good old lincon 225 ac buzz box. i was just wondering how many farms did or would have a use for mobile welding and i see your point when it comes to specailty repairs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

We bought a 10,000 watt Miller AC/DC welder generator for the farm. It is big enough to run the deep well, shop furnace and lights, along with the  house. The 2 or 3 times a year that dad looses power are usually during an ice storm, so heat is a priority. I have used it for fencing and repair work also. It wasn't that much more than a dedicated generator, but more reliable and useable. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos