cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

bigger compressed air storage

After a mere 15 years my "oil-less" 5hp 20g air compressor finally ate its pump. I removed the pump (pic in the dictionary under "slag") and motor (resellable). Then I plugged the inlet in the tank and put a gauge, ball valve and female 1/4" air chuck in the old outlet port. To fill it I mated two male air chucks, plug one end into the female chuck on the tank and plug the hose on my real air compressor into the other end. Open the ball valve and the tank fills in no time flat, then shut the ball valve to unhook. I find much more happiness by hooking up the supply first and unhooking it last than the other way around. I put bigger wheels on the tank and now I can roll 20g of 100psi air up to whatever's stuck to fill tires or run an air tool for a very short time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: bigger compressed air storage

I worded that poorly. Put the male-male adapter in the tank chuck, then add the supply line, then open the ball valve to till, then close the ball valve, then disconnect the supply, then remove the male-male adapter. It's pretty obvious. It only takes one time of doing it wrong to fill the barn floor with dog poop.

0 Kudos