cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

new holland ts 90 fuel problem

my ts 90 acts like it is sucking air. When it's idling it revs up. When it's running at speed pulling hard it slows a few hundred RPM then is fine for a few minutes. I changed the filter and it seemed to get better for a few days. Then back to the same symptoms. After the second filter change I had a real hard time priming and purging the lines. When I cracked the line between the filter (electric pump) and injecter pump I get foamy or very bubbly fuel. This tractor has about 4000 hrs on it and has been used for every thing from loader work to heavy pulling.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Re: new holland ts 90 fuel problem

..let's just reason this out. You say you have bubbles in your fuel..after the electric lift pump. That means there has to be air being sucked into the fuel before the pump. Is there a dip tube or hose into the tank from the electric pump? Is the pump mounted in the tank like my MXM155?  I'd be looking there to find something that's sucking air.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

My lift pump is on the filter housing about four inches from the injector pump. Maybe 18 or so to the tank. Looks like some hose and some steel line to the tank. Haven't disassembled enough to find a leak there. Was worried about seals in that electric lift pump or maybe the filter housing.

0 Kudos
farmermba
Contributor

I have had similar problems with my TS100 which I believe is basically the same as a TS90.  First issue was when I emptied the sediment collector and didn’t get it put back together just right.  Kept having problems sort of like you describe.  Couldn’t find any leaks, but saw bubbles in it when tractor was running, took it apart again, put it back together, refilled etc. and it worked fine.  I suspect the top was not seated and sealing quite right.

Next issue sounds more like what you may have.  Very similar symptoms to yours.  Couldn’t figure it out, and of course I needed to bale hay- borrowed neighbor’s tractor for a day.  Tractor sat for a few days before I could fool with it again, and then I opened the hood and just happened to notice a small wet spot on a fuel line near sediment collector.  What I finally found was the fuel tube that runs from the sediment collector to the fuel pump was too close to an adjacent injector line, about 6 in. from the sediment collector.  The engine vibrations, over time, caused the two lines to touch and wore a pinhole in the line, letting the pump suck a little air in the system.  Fixed the tube, problem solved.  If yours isn’t that simple, you will need to check the suction line from the pump all the way to the tank.  Look for spots where fuel may have leaked out when the tractor is off and the pressure has leaked down through the pinhole.  Hope this helps, and good luck.

0 Kudos