cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Actual Page Load Speed with Stopwatch

Jump to solution

This is interesting.  I should be out the door soon, so this won't get polished very well.

I've been a big fan of Firefox, but I've been playing with Google Chrome because it is supposed to be faster and have better security.  I use WildBlue as my ISP.  (We won't go there this morning)

Opening both browsers and going to the same pages one after the other Firefox is loading in 6-8 seconds.  Chrome is loading in 7-9 seconds.  This is not fully loaded, with ads and facebook and twitte and such, but "usable"

I find this odd because my perception the last few days using both browsers has been Chrome is faster.  I don't know if it is just perception, or just this site, or just WildBlue in the morning.

Anyone else tried comparing browsers?

EDIT:  After posting this I decided to try the same thing on another site.  So I went to AgTalk and did it again.  Over there Chrome consistently beat Firefox, taking 2-5 seconds per page compared to 3-7 seconds for Firefox.  I guess I need to try different sites at different times and record everything.  But not now, gotta see if I can plant some more beans.

Later Y'all

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Actual Page Load Speed with Stopwatch

Jump to solution

The most recent Opera is the fastest browser and shows it in comparison to some of the times posted.

However, there are probably so many variables it's hard to tell.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: RE: Hmmmm.....

Jump to solution

I am giving suggestion to do Internet Speed Test.

0 Kudos