cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does the site have anyone taking care of it?

I'm sick of never staying signed in, the forums only load half the time otherwise I get error messages, etc. etc. By the time I get to the point that I can reply to a post I'm so frustrated that I say the heck with it and leave. People have been complaining about this since the new site started, they always get a reply that it is being worked on. Well is it? There is some good discussion here, I really enjoy marketeye but I've about had it. Lots of forum sites out there, none with the glitches this one has.

Aaron

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Does the site have anyone taking care of it?

Aaron, I agree 100%.  This site has been just a pain since they changed.   I can't believe I'm able to respond to you.  And trying to figure out the threads of conversation and put them in some order so as to make sense just drives me crazy.  I go through the many posts trying to figure out "6 minutes ago", "Thursday", and "last week", and then when I try to get back to the original post, it dumps me back about 6 months. Whatever happened to date and time?  I give up.  Dan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. Yes, we're still dealing with issues like these, and there are many different reasons why these sorts of things happen. Don't leave on us! 

A lot of these types of issues stem from the web browser you're using and how it "caches" your information. The new site was designed to optimally function on the newest browsers, so sometimes, these issues can crop up when the you're using an older version. I know that from experience! 

At any rate, if you would like to, shoot me an email with your browser and version and I can test things on my end and, if I'm able to duplicate the issue, I will certainly report it to our developers. Also, be sure to try to "clear your browser's cache," which is a good practice to keep old cached data from allowing you to stay logged in. 

Click here to shoot me an email. Thanks!

Jeff Caldwell, Agriculture.com 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Well, I guess Internet Explorer 9 is an outdated odd ball of a browser...................................

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Actually, that could be part of it. IE9 has been found to have a lot of bugs in it, some specifically related to login cookies. I will talk to our developers and see if they have noticed any issues lately and see what our options are to fix them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Jeff, I'm running IE8.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Well, I've been continuously logged into multiple other sites ever since upgrading with no issues and I had the same problem here with IE8 before I upgraded. I think if this post were in an area with more traffic you'd find that Pan Ag and I are not the odd ones out here. By the way, I'm not trying to be a pain here, just pointing out a way that I think you could get a lot more contributions to the site.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I understand, and I appreciate it. That bit about IE9 kind of being a 'cookie-eating bear' is coming from other folks a lot smarter than me, and I have noticed on my end here, I've gotten a lot better results with Firefox and Chrome (which I run simultaneously for the site, which in itself can cause issues, too). 

Approximately how much time passes for you between times when you have to log in? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I had to log back in between this post and the last one. Sometimes I stay logged in for a couple days at a time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm running Opera 11.11 and it's not perfect but sounds like it has better success than the IE.  

0 Kudos