cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Massey popup

Anyone else think that ad is anything but annoying?
8 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Massey popup

YES

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't know what Agco is paying to keep that annoying Massey popup ad active, but it has taken a reverse affect on me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Shaggy,

Agco must be targeting it at you and Hobby.  I haven't seen it yet.  Massey and Agco aren't very big here in SW MI anymore.  We have a CaseIH dealer 3 miles away that also has Massey, but I can't remember when I've seen a new MF there.  They carry some parts, and can order what they don't have, but don't sell much of Agco's lines.  They tell me the area or zone rep for this territory isn't much help to them as a dealer.  They were big on Sunflower tillage for a while, but now they mostly sell Landoll and CIH.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Pretty much the same story in my location as well.  About 30 years ago Massey was very popular and our local dealer to this day still is a Massey dealer but haven't seen a new or used machine on his lot for several years.  People must have final realized most of their products are considered inferior to almost everything including some imported brands now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Around here there are some smaller "non-comformist" farmers that sort of take pride in their off-breed equipment, they take pleasure in giving the JDGreen or CIHRed dealers the finger.  They drive their Dodge pickup past the JD dealer 5 miles from home, to 60 miles away to the Agco dealer for parts.  Massey is getting cool again and that`s great, competition is good for bussiness  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Can't argue the competition point BA, I agree completely.

Personally I'd like to give all the dealers the finger at times but calmers heads usually prevail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

That SOB'n ad is back.  Who really gives a **** about 0% for 72 months.  If I have to borrow money, I DON'T NEED IT.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Shaggy, you need to buy a Massey then the ad will disappear.  LoL  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos