cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: HELLO, ANYBODY THERE??

Another week, same problems, sending private message via this website. 

Toshiba Laptop, Satellite A665-S5170

Windows 7

Internet Explorer 11

Internet Connection -- Hotspot via IPhone 4

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Dave -- Private Messages sent, unread, please check

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Dave - The community portion of this site still has a problem, and it sucks.  It affects people who have been here quite a long time, me included.  AND, it affects new or occassional people who visit this place using a similar browser, or whatever is the problem, and those are people who won't even make an attempt to try some other browser.to see if it works better.  If it is not fixed, it is not good customer service and it is not good business.  Having stuggled with this for basically an entire month, it really seems no attempt is actually being made to correct the problems.

0 Kudos
Contributor

WCMO and others,

We made several changes to the forums on Wednesday. I am concerned, as well. We continue to watch the forums and make adjustments.

Can you send me a screen shot of what your screen looks like?

My email address:

david.kurns@meredith.com

Sorry for the trouble -- just know we are listening and trying to fix this issue.

--davek

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I don't know what you mean by "screen shot" -- I don't know how to explain it better --

- when I look at your message, it is basically 2 screens wide

- when I look at the first community page under Marketing it is at least 2 screens wide

- if I reduce to 50%, I can't read it

- I have to scroll back and forth side to side to see who posted which message

- To look at a certain message by a certain author, I have to find the author, line it up with the top of my screen, then scroll back to the left to be able to select the correct message, can't see message title and author on same screen with scrolling left and right

- if I take a pic with my phone of my computer screen, it is only the portion of the screen showing, not the whole page that SHOULD be showing

Senior Advisor

WC, I just downloaded firefox. Very simple to do, I just googled firefox and followed the directions. One page wide now but the screen is very jumpy. At least it can be read.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

3020 -- I downloaded Chrome, and things seem to work with that.  I see being forced to change my computer programs to accomodate this website in the same light as I see the legislation that required us to change all our lightbulbs,and the legislation that forced us to get those TV boxes or buy new TVs, and the coop deciding they won't handle wheat or milo anymore, and the NRCS deciding they need to pre-approve me taking out a fence, or using a new field cultivator, or planting beans instead of corn.  It is all BS.  Yet, it's easier to walk away from this website than make the other changes, especially if you're not already "hooked" on being here, getting the latest info, jousting with friends, etc.  Meredith brought this website problem upon themselves in the first place, and should show some loyalty back to their regulars to get the bugs fixed, already, weeks ago.  Anything less is just bad service, bad decisions, bad management.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I couldn't agree more WC. Now I remember why I quit firefox a few years ago. When I try to come to ag.com it keeps sending me to a place where you purchase domain names. It's always trying to make you look at something you have no interest in. Some body really messed up this site. And for what?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

I

Great job explaining it WCMO ! Thats the same deal here !  It's 2 screens wide  - WCMO  - I think what he was asking about the screen shot was - a picture of you blowing the hell out of your computer with your  870 Wingmaster TRYING to read what's on here !

Everybody be SAFE planting

Ken

0 Kudos

Screen shot, screen capture, print screen and so forth are all the same.  There are instructions on the interent, but some of them are for different versions of windows so be careful to use those for windows 7.

I'm not an expert on this but with windows 7 you can try the following.  It's been a long time since I used Windows 7.

Get the offending image on your computer.

Press the Printscreen or PrtSn or whatever your keyboard calls the button.  Some keyboards make you use the function key plus the PrtScn button.

Open the Paint program.  You might have to go to Start, Programs, Accessories or something like that to find Paint. 

Press Ctrl and V to paste the image into Paint

Save it as a jpeg file

Send the file as an attachment to an email

If you need more help, let us know.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-take-a-screenshot-in-any-version-of-windows/

0 Kudos