cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Hey guys question I tried to post some pics to the gallerie but it says the file size is to big. How do I resize mine are about 1250 and you have it set at 950.  Any ideas?  I'll be gone most of the day so I will talk later tonight. 

Also I can't find the message button. 

I am pretty good at fixin stuff but computers are a bewilderment to meSmiley IndifferentJR

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Seeing how things work. :o)

Jump to solution

I will have to see what is available with the new software applications, what I can do with it, and if it will be usable with my iPod Touch mobile device.  Here is the first try at a picture....

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Seeing how things work. :o)

Jump to solution

What a handsome lad..that Jack!

How about a short tutorial on posting a pix.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Picture Posting, Made Easy! :o)

Jump to solution

top-image.jpg

Hey Don...  With this new format picture posting couldn't be easier.... You don't even have to have the picture hosted on a website... like photobucket....   Okay, click on your screen name , up at the top...under the Agriculture Community title.  Then click on the link that says "Photo Gallery" (which should be empty, at this point).  When the box pops up with the options .... "Upload Image".... click on the "Browse" button.

Then a box will pop up to the side that will go to your file(s) on your computer that holds all of your cute pictures of Sydney (and everything else *grins*). Open one of the pictures, and the file name will automatically fill in the "Upload Image" blank....then upload it.

The picture will be uploaded onto the computer that runs the SF site, and a thumbnail sized picture will be seen in your picture gallery.  You can click the box that will hide them from public view, if you wish. (Click on my screen name if you want to see what that looks like.... mine is for public view)

Repeat that for as many pictures as you would like.

Now....for the fun part.....  To post your gallery picture in one of your posts.... (while posting) Click on the little picture of a tree in the toolbar...up above the text box. A insert tool box will open up, then click the tab that says "From My Gallery", then click the picture from the gallery that you want to post....., then click the "Image Alignment" button and select "Inline" so that the picture is nested inside of your post text.  If you want the picture on one side or the other, with the text message to one side, then select Left or Right.

Then click on "Insert Image" button and ... Viola!.....Your picture is placed right on your post.

Cut and paste this tutorial post onto your Computer's Notepad in case you need to refer back to it...... but you should get the hang of it in no time at all. (I posted a picture of a covered bridge near here for an example, at the top)

I hope that this has been helpful..... If you need to know how to hyer-link pictures onto the website that are already hosted on the internet, let me know and I will walk you through that method. (it is the same method that I use to post those incredibly informative cartoon posts on here *smiles*)

Frequent Contributor

Re: Picture Posting, Made Easy! :o)

Jump to solution

gary's birthday amd gate jig 016.jpg

0 Kudos