cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hRex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Now I have Two Accounts

I've also been getting the 'Authentication Failed' greeting about 20% of the time, just in the last week or so. As far as I know, there's only one account for me, but this other gremlin may be more common and trace to the last revision of the site. The 'remember me' cookie doesn't seem to be very persistent recently, either.

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Re: Sign in

Hi, thanks for the note, and sorry about the hassles you're experiencing. Not sure what you mean by "subscriptions" coming in. Newsletters? Please drop me an e-mail and let me know if you're still have problems keeping signed in. We are working with our developers on a couple of these registration issues. I do apologize for the inconvenience.... -- John

0 Kudos
wt51015
Contributor

Don't think I could send a private message, so if you did get it, please disregard.

Community Subscriptions

I have tried numerous times to keep from getting them, but have given up and delete them when I open my email instead. Why is the option to get them the default one? I know it is hard to clean through the bugs, but like many here. If it ain't broken, why fix it?

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

You can unscubscribe to those newsletters in the Customer Service section at bottom of the website page. Click on "Customer Service," then "Unscubscirbe to Newsletters." If you've tried that and it doesn't work, please let me know, and we'll see if we can fix it on this end. My e-mail:  john.walter@meredith.com.

Again, sorry about the hassle.

-- John

0 Kudos
mike se il
Advisor

I think he is referrring to the notices of a reply to a thread, like the one I copied below. If you are very active or are in a thread that is very active you can get covered over by them.

I created an agriculture.com folder in my email program and a filter to direct everything from agriculture.com to go to that folder.  Made things a lot simpler. It is very simple to do with Thunderbird, I think it is just as easy with Outlook.

You should be able to click on the link on  the email you get to go to a page to change your settings  It is the one I have the red arrow pointing to below.  Just be sure and save the changes when yo re finished or it won't take.

Her is the most recent update I received:

(OK, 2nd try.  When I hit the post button I got a message saying "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."  I think it is fixed, so we'll try again)

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Mike: Thanks for taking the time to chip in here with the instructions. There are lots of details to tend in making this transition to the new website, and you're helping a lot of people, I'm sure. Very much appreciated!  -- John Walter

0 Kudos