cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

Site problems

--Really hate to be such a grumbler. Also hate to have so much trouble participating.

--Pages still appear without Graphics in header. (On the page I enter this, it is everything prior to the 'New Message line' and every thing below'

----Unformatted area completly fills the monitor; have to go to second page to see entry.

----Too much 'white space' on all pages.

--Took over a minute to have the 'new message' page appear. Have High Speed DSL. Other sites work correctly and much faster.

--Attempted to register for ATV, after about a minute the following appears :

"504 Gateway Time-out

The server didn't respond in time."

--After multiple attempts-did I get registered? I suspect not!

--Too many options that appear to change on their own.

----How can I keep that **bleep** Twitter side bar turned off? I think it to be off-again, currently.

--Did I mention I find the site difficult to use?

Jim

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Site problems

Jim: I sent you an e-mail and hope that you received that. From the sound of your note, it would seem you must have encountered some kind of server problem. I hope you'll try again to register for the sweepstakes.

We'll keep working to address the other problems you've identified, although it's hard to know what you're seeing on your computer unless you send us a screen shot.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

-- John Walter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Reader

I have a question, why won't this site remember me, second when I set my preferences, it won't remember them either, it seems that every time I click on this site, I have to reset my preferences, am I not doing something right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

I also have been having to sign in everytime I come here for the last several days.

My preferances seem to stay set though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

When I come to this site my favorites is set to take me straight to the discussion pages. It does not remember me. However, if I go to the top and click on TALK, it remembers me and I do not have to sign in.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware of this work-around.

I've reported all of these issues to our vendor and am hoping to get some resolution or further suggestions.

I'm not able to duplicate the problems on my computer, so it makes it hard for me to diagnose some of these kinds of issues. Thanks, all, for your patience with us. 

-- John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

When I am reading under a topic and hit the message listing button, i always go back (in history) tothe last possible page. Is there a remedy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi, I'm not sure I quite follow the issue you're describing. When I click on that link, it takes me back to the entire message list. The way to toggle through messages is to use the Previous and Next message links. Sorry if I missed your point, but hope you can get the hang of the system. -- John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hi John;

I will take a stab at describing what I think idalivered is talking about.

As discussed above by r3020 too, when I come here from my favourites I go directly into the discussion forum and the site does not recognize me.

Until I sign in everytime I click on the "message listing" button at the top or bottom of the page it takes me to the last or near the last page of messages.

I then have to click on the "1" at the top of the page to get the most recent messages listed.

I assume anyone looking at the messages as a 'guest' will have the same problem.

After I sign in it will work OK.

And as r3020 pointed out if I click on the 'TALK' panel at the top of the screen the site recognizes me without inputting name and password and then it works OK with listings.

You might try logging on from a computer that is not registered and see how it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

thanks canuck, but the site does recognize me. I can click on a thread and veiw it. the problem is after that when I cklick on "message listing" it takes me back to the last possible page under that particular forumn. It might be page 156 all I have to do is click on 1 and I get back. just seems odd. I did check my settings, but don't think any of these apply to this situation.

0 Kudos