This site is very slow.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Slower Than It Was a Week Ago...

@perspec wrote:

This site is very slow.

When I first logged on to this website....before the official opening date, it was not bad at all, but I have noticed that the time for pages to boot up are now taking a lot longer to pop up.

Maybe with all of the newer traffic, the platform is having a hard time handling the volume.

0 Kudos
perspec
Veteran Contributor

There are only 39 people on.  Very frustrating- it was a site I used to enjoy reading.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

@perspec wrote:

There are only 39 people on.  Very frustrating- it was a site I used to enjoy reading.

Yup, but a week ago, it was only me and a couple other posters on here.... hopefully they will get the bugs worked out in short order.  You would think that the system could handle 39 folks at one time.

jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

I think it has something to do with the twitter page! JR

0 Kudos
perspec
Veteran Contributor

Twitter(or facebook) defeats itself when it actually slows down communication.  Ends up eliminating some of the true wisdom this site had.  I appreciate an open discussion of honest opinions without the wait.  To much to ask?

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Re: Slow

Hi, all: First, I wonder if we're on the same page as to what's meant by "slow." Do you mean the speed with which the technology operates, or the number of members posting? If you mean operating speed, then that's something we'll take up with the vendor, in fact we'll be asking about that in a meeting today. If the latter, numbers of posters, I'll say that traffic was slow on the old site this time of year,  too, in part at least because so many people are in the fields. We see this downturn every year.

What I hope you'll do is stick with us until we get the bugs out of the system. I think we can make this a vibrant, useful forum once again. You early adopters can really help us by continuing to test and post messages.

Thanks for your help....

-- John Walter, A.com

0 Kudos
linda/IL
Senior Contributor

VERY SLOW!!  I feel like I've got dial up again.  Can't imagine what those poor folks are experiencing-hopefully they'll keep trying.  It's slow loading the pages expecially when I hit reply.  Liked the old system better at this point.  Hope you can get it fixed!

0 Kudos
John_Walter
Advisor

Hi, Linda: I'd be interested if you can speed up your system by selecting the "Linear format." You can do that with the pulldown menu at the top of an individual message board, under "Board Options."  Thanks for the input. - John

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Slow load up of pages. :o(

Hi John 🙂

The pages have slowed down a lot since I first got here.  It must be the huge bunch of HTML codes that have to load up, before the page displays and/or un-freezes.

If I were to guess, it has a lot to do with the twitter feature.  Could the vendors provide an option to turn off the twitter feature?

I have tried both the default (topic) and linear formats.... both are slow to load up, however the linear is a bit faster.  I find the linear hard to follow who posted to whom.  For the quieter boards, it would be fine.... but for the Ag Forum, the action is too fast to follow along with the linear format.  My 2¢, anyway.

0 Kudos