cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Slow load up of pages. :o(

Craig: These are interesting observations. I'm going to raise these questions when we next confer with the technology people. My sense is that the Twitter and Facebook modules are not related to the problem, because they are separate widgets that load separately from the boards, but it's worth pursuing.

Big question I have now is whether the topic or linear format should be the default setting for the main display of the forums. What do you think? People can change the setting either way, of course. Thanks for the continuing good input. We'll keep working at it. - John

0 Kudos
MattSnyder44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Slower Than It Was a Week Ago...

We are working on the loading speeds of the new forums. While it's possible the new Twitter and Facebook items on the page may be slow to load, please understand that it's not yet clear they are indeed the culprit.

Thanks for your patience as we work on getting things hammered out these first weeks of the new forum.

0 Kudos
Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Matt & John

Just to let you know I do not find the site slow loading.

Everything just pops up quite quickly.

I do have a son who works in IT and stops by here when I am not around to stop him from changing things again.

He has the latest version of Windows on here now and I found some sites did not load properly until I would turn it to imitate the old version. I think your old site was that way.

So my thought would be that maybe this works fine with the newer brouser and slow with the old?? Just asking.

Should note that we have true high speed here on fibre optic cable. Speed tests indicate downloads in measurements that others do not recognize.

Test right now says 7.6 Mb/s. I am not a computer whiz and do not know what it even means but maybe that is what makes it fast for me.

Still learning the site. Think there are lots of good things here, we just have to get used to the change.  Might have been better in a different season, I do not have much time to 'play' right now.

Re: Matt & John

Hi, Canuck 2. We met with our technology provider on Friday and they agreed to take a look at the speed issue. They did seem convinced that we shouldn't be experiencing a difference in speed between the two views of the board, linear or topic. So I guess that was somewhat encouraging. We are going to test defaulting some set of the groups to the linear view and see if people like that better. Thanks for the positive input. It means a lot to us right now. -- John

0 Kudos
MattSnyder44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Matt & John

Thanks, Canuck_2, this is helpful.

0 Kudos

Re: Slow

I also think it has something to do with the twitter page techzpod download mobdro

0 Kudos