cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Successful Farming covers

We just posted a series of slideshows based on some of the great Successful Farming magazine covers from its 111-year history.  Many of the covers were created by leading designers of the time. They depict the drama, humor and beauty of farming through the years.

The covers can be downloaded as high-res pdfs, suitable for framing. Maybe you 'll find one you like for your shop, office, or home. Be sure to scroll down the page to see the classic covers:  Successful Farming: Yesterday and today

John 

7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Successful Farming covers

Thanks for posting the covers. I see a couple that would look great in my shop, office or house. Like those old covers specially.  Think I'll see how they look on the color prineter. Thanks. -- Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks for posting that John... reminds me of this image of my son out plowing... He works for Kugler Company now...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Successful Farming covers/CUSTOM FARMING DIRT IN IOWA

Say verb, since I do an 100% Custom Farming Arrangement on all my Dirt and this is getting much, much, more common in Iowa farmland owners to do this now. I think we should do a picture of me sitting my computer  Custom Farming is behind doing the accounting, taxes, marketing the corn and soybeans, buying all the variable inputs, and along with the land/fixed inputs such as Iowa Property Taxes. As mentioned, I bet 25% of all Iowa farmland owners now farm on a $80/acre to $160/acre Custom Farming Lease/Arrangement. Also, for paying the Custom Farming Guys around $80,000 to $160,000 per year per 1,000 corn acres, all these Custom Farming Guys, including the Computer Guys, should be included with these pictures. It is just keeping up with the "FUTURE TIMES" of these farming changes. Don't you guys feel that CUSTOM FARMING is becoming the wave of future farmland owners? I certainly feel this way!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

sure, I think that would be fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks verb for the support on the Custom Farming Guys that supply the Labor, equiment, and fuel for my farm operation. I will be paying these guys a total of $268,800 for the above job duties on my 2013 corn and soybean crops. Yes, these Custom Guys would like to be recognized for there involvement in the "FUTURE FARM IDEAS". I see Iowa total acres devoted to this type of Lease/Contract on Custom Farming increasing to 35% of all Iowa lease/contract acres. Increasing from today's 25% to 35% in the next 4 yewars. These Contract Labor, equipment, and fuel guys should be recognized in today's agricultural farm operations since I believe them to becoming the next "WAVE" of future thoughts and ideas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Thanks for sharing the picture. I haven't seen horse-drawn plowing for a long time. I'll bet if we could create a great illustration from this photo, one that would look like some of those old Successful Farming covers from the twenties. -- John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I had just recently searched it out because his new boss told him to put some stuff on the wall of his new office and he ask if I knew where it was.  He has a few certificates, his college diploma, his American FFA degree and a few other thing to put on the wall along with some pictures of him planting corn when he was a kid here at home.

Go for it or at least see if someone is interested in using it to make an illustration.

0 Kudos