cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Technology Over- Load

Boy what a day Monday was ! There  was a meeting over at the Hagie service center , well it was really a meeting , it was a customer TRAINING session . The morning part of the class was for the machine , just stuff  like what the techs. See happening or stuff that we  goof up on , different lubes to use OR don't use , but then on to the MB3 , The MB3 is the brain box in side the cab ,this thing tells you things like filter and oil  time changes and also the hydraulic oil and filter , You can also change hydraulic setting on the machine , for use on the NTB , First off on the reset of the filters -- I had problems  doing this - Mike went over this , I had for the most part did it right , all but one thing !  

First you pull it up on the MB3 then push OK then with the up button change the value from zero to one then hit  OK --- then pull it back up hit the OK then the down button and change the value back down to zero ! Then reset !  --- This was the first of many WTFs for the day ! Why not just pull up the filter change and hit reset ??? Beats me ! I just that would be to easy  . Then how to change the hydraulic setting for the NTB , this I use , There is a setting to keep the bar level as you raise it , so the wingsdon't goto  high ,  now if I can only remember how to do it !

Then time for lunch ! THANK GOD !!! 

Boy that was a quick hour , Time for monitor class , they did a gret job here breaking the classes down to the ones we use , in this case the Vipor Pro , Enviso Pro and the Integra -- this is the one I use , they had a Intregra fired up and hooked to  projector to show everything on the wall , just the set up at first then on to how to set up for direct injection - this is something coming boys , then on to the mapping set ups and how to enter info. and save the maps and info. For latter review . The things that this unit can do is just unreal ! I can add the paradyme antenna for only 10 grand and for another 5 grand have the RTK -- Auto steer ! What a deal ! I don't know how  they can sell that system so cheap ! They have to be taking up the shorts to let us have it at that cost ,lol

But really the whole unit is unreal , it will talk to my computer at home or I can send it to a customer all from the machine , you can e-mail from it , you name it --  just for a small  charge .

Then there was a short talk about smart phones and the apps. you can down load from companies  like Tee jet - it will show you what tips you need to be running , pressures and for a small price -- it will tell you when you need to pull your finger !

This class started at 12:30 and lasted till 3:45 with no breaks , the time went fast --sign of a good class , lol   Even though I learned alot -I was ready to go home !! I was pooped out --- mentaly !!!!!!!!!!!!  

I know I'm getting older -- not as old as Hobby , but not far behind , But do you guys ever get this over load of info ?? Or maybe this is just becomeing more of a young mans game , LOL

Now how did they say to change the hydraulic settings on the Integra to up the pump's gpm to keep it spraying  in the corners ? Or was that in the MB3 ? Well dam it , lol , Guess I will just have to call them up , lol

Everybody have a great one , calling for up to 8 inchs of party cloudy for  here !   Smiley Mad

Ken

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Technology Over- Load

Ken....Seems like some of this equipment today has more stuff to get your head around than most normal people can handle all at one time. Once you use it a time or two.......I tend to think "Now what  was so hard about that " . But if you don't use it you lose it.....at least thats the line I keep using with "the little woman "   lol   John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Reader

Come on there, Ken!

How do you expect to drive that Hagie with sub inch accuracy?  Get out your checkbook and get that big Paradyme antenna!  It's only 15k and you won't have to set new AB points every year!

Or Ag Leader has the new GEO steer which is a much smaller antenna and still offers RTK.  I think it is half the price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hey RCR , how have you been this winter ??  Good to hear from you ! Hope this was OK , but at the meeting the other day , I met a guy not far from your home 20 ,  there was a group of us talking about some spraying things and I told them I hadn't done it but knew a guy that do's and has good result's with it, So I gave him your TX number , alittle warning , lol

Have a good one .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

oh great you've got a guy with a sharp ax handing out your number... or is that a guy with a sprayer handing your number to who know what he might be a ax murderer.  sheeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well verby -- I huh -- huh , well He said he needed a new shed put up and didn't know how to get , So I told me I  knew a guy that do's good work , and I gave him your number , hope thats OK -- LMAO

0 Kudos