cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Your 'avatar'

An avatar is the image that shows up to the left of the page, and which identifies you to the rest of the group.   It can be a photo that you've selected from our group of available, canned photos, or you can upload a photo of your choice.

There are two main ways to select an avatar:

1.)   The first place to go is your own personal page.   Then click on the words 'MY SETTINGS' in the upper left hand corner.

You'll see six tabs presented.    Under the AVATARS tab you'll find these options:

•      Community Avatars
  •      User Gallery Avatars
  •      External Avatars

Community Avatars are a group of preset photos that you can select from.  

Selecting User Gallery Avatars will present you with a selection of all of the photographs that you've upladed into posts on the forums.  You could select from any of your own photos and let that become your avatar.

And External Avatars provides a dialog box for you to place the URL of a photo that's somewhere else on the Internet.   So if, say, you have Flickr page,  for example, you could select from your photos that are located there and let one of those become your avatar.

2.)   You can also upload a photo from your computer, free of any forum posts or any external websites.

When you go to the main page of your personal page you'll see 'VIEW IMAGE GALLERY" on the left side of the page.  Click that.

The Image Upload process will allow you to browse to a file location on your computer, and then upload that one photo.   Upload your photo, and then save it to your gallery.

Then go to the USER GALLERY AVATARS tab, and select that freshly uploaded photo to become your avatar.   

This is a fun feature, and pretty easy to use.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Your 'avatar'

Hi John, I am posting this on my iPod Touch, so, I know that it will work on here. I hope to get an iPad soon, so I can access Ag dot com, even out in the field. Smiley Happy Say, will we be able to use HTML in our signature lines?
Thank for all of your efforts! ..... Craig
0 Kudos
Advisor

Craig: Thanks for the note. It will be interesting to see what you think of the iPad. And, yes, you can insert HTML in the signature--I think. Still learning. -- John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi John....concurrently SF is running Two seperate thndtbckts...myself [of two weeks] and the me that signed on here [again] after the format change.  The two TBckts, with seperate bio information, are both accesible by clicking on their [my] respective names.  Are there really two of me?  The semi-original me has my '71 Bronco as an avatar photo...the newer me is illustrated by an SF provided Bull.

Que pasa?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Advisor

Sorry I didn't get back with you right away, Thndrbckt. I've asked for some guidance on this. We've had trouble with a few of these "double" registrations, because of the changeover. Please let me see what I can find out. Sorry about the hassle. -- John

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Thanks John...I'll let Roger know if/when it all gets fixed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos