Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leahdawes
Frequent Visitor

Baby piglet

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, Im  new here and could use some help does anyone know where I can buy a new born domestic pig no more than 3 weeks old  I live in TX near Beaumont

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Baby piglet

Jump to solution

First off.   What do you want to do with this pig?     Most pigs are not weaned until they are 3 weeks old.  Unless,  you know how to deal with newly weaned pigs you will be looking at a dead pig fairly easily.  

No, I'm from Illinois.  But, I would NEVER let someone show up here and take/buy 1, 3 week old pig.    If you want to raise a pig you really should have 2.  I pig gets very lonely in a pen by themselves. 

0 Kudos
leahdawes
Frequent Visitor

Jump to solution

I have raised several piglets from 1 to 17 days old and do quite well and as far as what this piglet is for it is a pet    all of my piglets have been raised inside, they start off on the bottle every 3-4 hrs and sleep in a child's play pen in the living room, soon comes box training pigs learn even faster than dogs about house or box training. I just wanted a new little one  thanks you for your reply           leah

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

What do you do with them when they hit 300 pounds of more, and become sexually mature? 

Pigs are not meant to be housepets.  They are livestock. 

0 Kudos
leahdawes
Frequent Visitor

Jump to solution

thanks for getting back to me,being raised here is some what differant all of my piglets are raised with other animals here like the bullmastiffs and english mastiffs they learn to go out and live on the farm with all the other animals I have turkeys and kittens that eat and play togather another case is the dogs love the baby pigs and will protect them like ther own pup they use the dog door when they get to about 20 lbs or so .   so you see I am simply looking for a new baby piglet   

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Kay - this sounds a bit suspicious, don't you think.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, there are people who confuse livestock and companion animals.  It's not good for eiher one. 

0 Kudos