Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enviropig

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Enviropig

This will be like the" exotic plant and pet thing"--- when it get's out of control MAYBE then people will be as concerned  like the WILD hog thing in rural area's---$10 hog's didn't get much price reflection at the meat counter ----but sure released a lot of hogs--- UNINTENDED action's with enormous  $$$$ ---maybe they could capture some wild hog's & get some secret gene- noms --- the saying then will be sorry-but I didn't "think this would happen''---also label it as GMO !!!!!!!! If this stuff is a OK why are these same people so "afraid of a label"  ?????

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

In some ways I think they make it too easy.  The sad thing is the American people are the guinea pig.  There are a few people out there that will pay always pay the premium for real food only because of crazy stunts like the one you posted.

0 Kudos

Rusky - this type of pig is not new.  The altered effluent in your case is.  In oz a few years ago we had the biggest player in the land had GMO pigs which got to 75 kilo dressed in 3.5 months. Extraordinary weight gains.  The gene was manipulated by zinc, of all things.  Put it in and they stop growing, take it out and away they go.  That simple.  When the first batch were due to be slaughtered some inside infiltration leaked their endeavours to the press and they ended up shooting a couple of thousand of them and burying them. Never to be in the food chain.  But for interest sake, I doubt if they would have ever gotten rid of the genetics.  They seem to be able to compete in whatever the financial climate is and with genetics like that anyone can.

0 Kudos