cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Mexico pork ban announced

At 8:55am:

Mexico announced Monday that it is putting duties on pork imports from the U.S. as a part of the ongoing dispute over cross-boarder trucking. In your opinion, how will this impact prices?

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Mexico pork ban announced

I read that U.S. pork will still be cheaper in Mexico than their alternatives, and that it might reduce exports a little bit but will not change Mexican consumption to any extent.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Re: Mexico pork ban announced

Before you guys blame the transportation industry for this lame move by Mexican gov. one needs to go to Laredo Tx. ---observe first hand on the equipment driven and operated by our neighbors to the south---I think you might have a different opinion of wanting these vehicles traveling on our highways at 65 miles per hour----safety and insurance issues are a huge stumbling block---also visiting with most of them --they have no desire to travel extreme distances from Mexico---used to do a fair amount of commerce in Laredo--ElPaso --Yuma--etc. have pretty much eliminated these destinations because of safety and insurance reasons---also I wouldn't think of sending any of my business associates on a 250 mile haul into Mexico!!!! Just a thought from a different side of the coin---

0 Kudos