cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: On Sky News.

I have no idea whether they did or didn't bury live pigs but the pictures in the article didn't look like live pigs.  And how would they haul live hogs in dump trailers?  Its one of those things we need to keep a really close eye on in the US to make sure that Foot and Mouth never gets a start here because it would sure be a sickening feeling to have to put a whole herd down.  I think we ought to take a close look at the biosecurity implications of the federal government doing Foot and Mouth testing at the new laboratory out west.  Seems like too much risk to me.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Maybe we should contact Sam Brownback from Kansas---seems having it on the east coast makes more sense with the prevailing winds blowing it out to sea instead of across our midwest landscape ?

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Going to the KSU Swine Day in February? You can do that yourself.

There is a reason why this area is known as tornado alley. A direct hit is a potential problem. Do you know of any construction method that is tornado proof? They already have a feral hog problem nearby. Why do they need this too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Its possible to build a tornado proof structure.  My neighbor along with four other partners owns one of the factories that make insulated concrete forms.  Concrete structures, with enough bar, can be build tornado proof.  Irregardless, foot and mouth disease could get out of the compound eventually without a tornado.  Its a tragic thing any time there is a foot and mouth outbreak.  When we ask for it then its stupidity.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

One only has to look at England in the last couple of years.

0 Kudos