cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Teat found on strip of bacon

A teat was found on bacon and now social media is freaking out that bacon actually comes form an animal with mammary equipment.   I don`t know, this day and age a mistake like that can`t be allowed to happen, some consumers don`t care but those that do might move away from meat.  Packers got to do a better job trimming the skin off.  Producers are doing our part being PQA certified vaccinating in the neck and not breaking off needles.

http://womc.cbslocal.com/2016/08/12/slice-of-bacon-with-nipple-still-attached-will-make-you-gag/

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Teat found on strip of bacon

'''  Oh   My   Gosh  -  interesting challange for pork check $$$$

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA  -  Grilled  a  pork  LOIN  yesterday  -  NOT  MUCH  FLAVOR  ??  Kinda   dissapointed  in  the  last  2  loins -  Seems  wife  has  to  marinate the  HECK  out of them -  W H A T's  the  DEAL -  any ideas ??

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey 289, I wish I had some ideas, but I don`t eat pork.   IMO confinement, Landrace type probably aren`t the tastiest?   If you can, get some Hamp/Duroc type feeder pigs off of Craigs list and feed them outside, to over 300lbs, take them to a good locker that won`t swap them meat.  Or go to a locker where they`ve swaped meat and have it in their meat case Smiley Wink ...but no.  A good locker might have some on hand from a local farmer that they could recommend.  Or buy a natural raised Niman-type pork. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Me too

But, I found one a chicken breast one time.

BLECH!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: Me too

The cutest thing I`ve ever seen was a hen breastfeeding her baby chicks.  Smiley Very Happy  

Good one AJ.

0 Kudos