cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

hydraulic trailer manufacturers?

Are there still any companies making hydraulic pig trailers?  I'm probably not searching on the right thing but I'm not finding much on google.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
phil rupp
Senior Reader

Re: hydraulic trailer manufacturers?

We built over 500 of them in the 90's but after '98 all the little guys got out and we couldn't hardly give them away anymore so we quit.  We kept most of the jigs just in case but I don't see the business coming back now that all the hogs are indoors. I know a few years ago Roose Mfg. in Pella IA was still building a few. I'm not sure about now though. Plymouth Mfg. in Plymouth NE used to build a lot of them also.  Good luck, Phil

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

would you consider selling the plans for one?

0 Kudos
phil rupp
Senior Reader

There really aren't any plans to sell. We have drawings for all the different parts but nothing to show you where they all go. The best thing is to find one you like and copy it. After we got going on them we knew how everything went together and just kept building. I still have a bunch of the heavy rotating axle pipe for the 20' trailers we built and some small parts in buckets. I always enjoyed building them and would like to do it again if the demand would come back.  I'm in Northwest Iowa in Cherokee if you need some help designing and building one. We could probably even build the axle assembly and tongue for you if you want. They're the only really critical parts. Thanks, Phil

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

We've got two of them so I could copy the one.  Dad bought the one new in 82 and its getting tired.  I bought the other one used from a retiring pig farmer in Cass County Michigan. 

Shoot me an email at infoATgunthorpfarms.com.  I'm very interested in having you build me an axle assembly.  We could easily handle the rest.

0 Kudos