cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msag
Contributor

F S BRENT 874 GRAIN CART

BRENT 874 GRAIN CART. ONE YEAR OLD 30.5x32 TRACTION TIRES. NEWER UNLOAD AUGERS. GREEN IN COLOR. WELL MAINTAINED. ASKING   $17,800.  N.W. IND.   219-508-8880

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tractor12
Frequent Contributor

Re: F S BRENT 874 GRAIN CART

Did the augers wear out do to moving lots of bushels or do u thing the flighting was soft? Or is it not one year old thanks

0 Kudos
msag
Contributor

THE LAST LOAD OF THE SECOND YEAR WE OWNED THE CART, WE BOUGHT IT USED, THE SHAFT AT THE AT THE HINGE BROKE.  WHILE STUDYING THE SITUATION WE DECIDED TO REPLACE THE LOWER AUGER. ONE THING LEAD TO ANOTHER. WE CHOSE TO REPLACE THE UPPER AUGER ALSO.  USED ALL NEW PARTS FROM BRENT.  HAS WORKED WELL SINCE. THE LOWER AUGER IS HEAVY BUILT AND IS WEARING WELL.  LOTS OF LIFE LEFT.  THAT WAS BACK AROUND 2005.  HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION.

0 Kudos
Pupdaddy
Advisor

Just to ameliorate some confusion. Go back and re-read the original post and notice the punctuation. It advertises an 874 cart "period" and then goes on to say, "One year old 30.5-32 tires".

..I've had the same thing happen to me...misreading an auction sale bill..but I drove 80 miles to the auction to find out my mistake...LOL

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
msag
Contributor

BID AND BUY THIS NICE GRAIN CART MARCH 19 AT MITCHELL&SCHOPPEL CONSIGNMENT AUCTION . ONE MILE NORTH OF LaCROSSE  IND. ON U.S.421

0 Kudos