cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor

For Sale Case IH 2166 combine

This machine picked up a rock in October and was EXTENSIVELY rebuilt.  I didn't have time to wait on repairs so I bought a newer machine.  The feeder house was completely rebuilt. It has a new AFX rotor. Also new are the concaves, elephant ears and cone, upper housing and auger bed pan.  Much more.  While it was there any other needed repairs were made including shaker arm bushings. several belts, new fan drive parts, etc.  Rock damage cost insurance $36,000 and I spent another $6000 on other repairs.  2644 engine hrs, 1958 seperator hrs. Asking $75,000. Will consider offer. This is a good machine and runs very smooth. Also have 1020 bean head 20 ft. and 2206 corn head 6 row 30 in. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: For Sale Case IH 2166 combine

Cyclone Jim, Just out of curiosity, what insurance company do you have? Somehow I have a feeling that my insurance company would not cover something like rock damage in a combine. Sorry this is not the reply you were looking for. I have a 1640 and don't have the acres for a 2166 at this time.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Some insurance companies, that actually understand farming, offer rock coverage. I don't have rocks but asked my agent about it. It blew his mind that was even such a thing. I may be the only real farmer my agent covers. We have a hard time getting along. I would switch in a heartbeat if not for some family loyalties.
0 Kudos
Contributor

It is a regional mutual insurance company, and yes I had rock insurance with a small deductible. The agent and adjusters were very fair.  My out of pocket cost was a VERY small portion of the total damage.

0 Kudos